Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 46

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

oljames3 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am This is a cautionary tale in many respects. One that stands out to me is that should I be force to use my self-defense handgun, I will be; 1) in fear for my life, 2) under extreme stress, 3) deciding and acting in seconds. Conversely, the jury will be; 1) in complete safety and relative comfort, 2) under relatively little stress, 3) deciding and acting in hours/days/weeks. What seemed reasonable to me in the moment may not appear reasonable to the jury in hindsight.
This is so very true! Sitting in a nice safe court room it is easy to arm chair quarterback.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

There is no justice system. We have a legal system.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

WildBill
Posts in topic: 18

Post by WildBill »

I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them
reveal that he was eating vanilla ice cream in his apartment when he was shot and killed.
Am I reading too much into this or would it have mattered if he was eating chocolate ice cream? :headscratch

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/dalla ... index.html
NRA Endowment Member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 20

Post by carlson1 »

WildBill wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:18 pm I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them
reveal that he was eating vanilla ice cream in his apartment when he was shot and killed.
Am I reading too much into this or would it have mattered if he was eating chocolate ice cream? :headscratch

He had just smoked marijuana with the neighbor who was killed a week or so back. I guess the marijuana gave him the munchies and the ice cream was a fix.

03Lightningrocks

WildBill wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:18 pm I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them

I kept wondering if he put chocolate syrup and peanuts on it or was just eating it plain.

03Lightningrocks

carlson1 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 pm

He had just smoked marijuana with the neighbor who was killed a week or so back. I guess the marijuana gave him the munchies and the ice cream was a fix.
I dunno. If he had the munchies he would have been sitting there with a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and pizza rolls heating up in his oven.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:33 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 pm

I dunno. If he had the munchies he would have been sitting there with a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and pizza rolls heating up in his oven.
Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

hondo44
Banned

Post by hondo44 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm There is no justice system. We have a legal system.
No. It's called the Department of Justice, not the Department of Legal.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

hondo44 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm There is no justice system. We have a legal system.
I stand by my statement.

If you think the Dept of Justice is about justice, you need to ask the Branch Davidians, Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, Lavoy Finicum at Malheur, and all of the other victims murdered at the hands of the Dept of Justice.

Oh yes, also look at your goddess Hitlery. You call the investigation into her justice? Communist justice maybe.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

anygunanywhere wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 am
hondo44 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm
I stand by my statement.

If you think the Dept of Justice is about justice, you need to ask the Branch Davidians, Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, Lavoy Finicum at Malheur, and all of the other victims murdered at the hands of the Dept of Justice.

Oh yes, also look at your goddess Hitlery. You call the investigation into her justice? Communist justice maybe.
Regardless, we have the best justice/legal system that money can buy.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/dallas-dismissed ... 24880.html

Federal Judge rules Suit against the City of Dallas lacked something. Dismissed. Not sure if this is a big deal or they will refine with this corrected.

Mentions ice cream again.

If you live in an apartment, don’t leave door unlatched or unlocked.

I have a popular car in a popular color. I don’t have to unlock the car door it does it magically for me when I pull the handle. A while back at a Whataburger parking lot, I scared the bejusus out me and a man in the driver’s seat who was surfing his phone, when I opened his car door. Neither one of us shot the other.

I have put a ribbon on the door handle.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:32 pm https://news.yahoo.com/dallas-dismissed ... 24880.html

Federal Judge rules Suit against the City of Dallas lacked something. Dismissed. Not sure if this is a big deal or they will refine with this corrected.

Mentions ice cream again.

If you live in an apartment, don’t leave door unlatched or unlocked.

I have a popular car in a popular color. I don’t have to unlock the car door it does it magically for me when I pull the handle. A while back at a Whataburger parking lot, I scared the bejusus out me and a man in the driver’s seat who was surfing his phone, when I opened his car door. Neither one of us shot the other.

I have put a ribbon on the door handle.
Sounds like maybe Botham’s family hired an attorney who specializes in finding racism everywhere rather than actual law.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The city of Dallas won’t be held liable for the death of Botham Jean, a federal district judge ruled this week.
U.S. District Judge Barbara Lynn dismissed the city from a civil lawsuit filed by Jean’s family. Jean, a black man
from St. Lucia living in Dallas, was killed in his own home by Amber Guyger, a white off-duty police officer, on Sept. 6, 2018.

Though the lawsuit did not seek a specific amount, Guyger is now the only defendant in the civil lawsuit filed in 2018,
making a high-dollar settlement unlikely.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2019/12 ... ans-death/
NRA Endowment Member

03Lightningrocks

WildBill wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:18 pm
The city of Dallas won’t be held liable for the death of Botham Jean, a federal district judge ruled this week.
U.S. District Judge Barbara Lynn dismissed the city from a civil lawsuit filed by Jean’s family. Jean, a black man
from St. Lucia living in Dallas, was killed in his own home by Amber Guyger, a white off-duty police officer, on Sept. 6, 2018.

Though the lawsuit did not seek a specific amount, Guyger is now the only defendant in the civil lawsuit filed in 2018,
making a high-dollar settlement unlikely.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2019/12 ... ans-death/
I suppose this means when a cop is off duty, it is not the Cities responsibility. I tend to agree with this.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/amber-guyger-app ... 50822.html

Amber Guyger, the ex Police officer has filed an appeal to the murder charge.

In my opinion, an employee who is not at work or off duty is on their own.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”