NYPD Officers Pelted With Water, Buckets...

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Stick_Shift
Posts in topic: 1

NYPD Officers Pelted With Water, Buckets...

Post by Stick_Shift »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/giulia ... a-disgrace

Pretty sure everyone's seen this, but during an arrest, NYPD officers in Harlem were doused with water and one of the citizens threw the empty bucket at the officers and struck one in the head. The officers continued the arrest, shrugged off the water and went about their jobs.

First, these guys should be commended for showing restraint. They did their job, took the suspect into custody and completed the arrest even though other citizens were attempting to impede their job. No elbows were thrown, everyone walked away. That's a good day. It's clear the officers have been given the word that unnecessary escalations are not looked upon kindly by 1 Police Plaza. For those saying they were too timid, the officers completed the task and were undeterred by the water fight. They weren't timid, they simply knew that this was water and the job was getting done. Too timid would be if they ceased the arrest and retreated.

But, there is a problem here, reflective of our major cities. It's clear that more brazen behavior toward police is being tolerated in the name of 'community relations'. Right now it's water. What happens when citizens decide to pick up something more menacing, like a brick? I know that Dallas PD are starting to feel some strain and don't even get me started on the mess that is the Dallas County Sheriff's Department (thank you, Sheriff Valdez...). I grew up in Fort Worth and attended TCU as a grad student. The joke was, better the TCU campus police than FWPD, and better the FWPD than the Tarrant County SO's deputies. Just throw your keys and your cappuccino out the window and stick your hands in the air if you see a cowboy hat get out of the patrol car.

This is worrisome simply because we are engendering the same 'no-go zones' that the Swedes are now having to deal with in their major cities and those folks are throwing hand grenades, not water buckets.
A little luck and a little government is necessary to get along in life, but only a fool trusts either one. - PJ O’Rourke

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NYPD Officers Pelted With Water, Buckets...

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”