Speeding in a School Zone

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jayinsat
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Speeding in a School Zone

Post by jayinsat »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 pm By the way. People do need to slow down in school zones. There are peoples children walking to and from school there. Honestly, while you got lucky. The cop should have given you a ticket to wake you up.
Believe me, it woke me up and I deserved the ticket.

It is not a street I’m familiar with as I was headed back to work after a dentist appointment. The school is not actually on the street but two blocks north. The zone has an inconspicuous sign with no flashers. Very easy to miss (as was obvious by the number of people missing it and getting snagged) and it was only the second day of school. I was driving the posted speed and missed the school zone sign tucked behind overgrown branches.

Not making excuses but this was my first time being pulled over in nearly 10 years and have not had a speeding violation in over 20. I think I’m pretty compliant. I thank God for grace and mercy. :tiphat:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Speeding in a School Zone

Post by Oldgringo »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:31 pm I spent 3 years helping out as a driveway guard a the Junior High School when my boys were there. I can't tell you how many speeders, texting, unsafe lane changes, turning right on red when the kids were present... We even had several that would try to drive past us, the no entry signs, cones.... Even had one idiot run over a Vice Principles foot.... We cheered every time someone got pulled over....
:iagree: ...and not only in School Zones.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”