Body Cam Video Shows FL LEO Planting Drugs

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Body Cam Video Shows FL LEO Planting Drugs

Post by WildBill »

Over 120 people ha charges dropped after this former deputy was arrested. The deputy's own body cam showed him planting
drugs in the cars of people he pulled over.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — A former Florida deputy was arrested Wednesday morning on numerous charges that he planted street drugs like meth on unsuspecting motorists before hauling them off to jail.
Zach Wester, 26, was arrested on felony charges of racketeering, official misconduct, fabricating evidence, possession of a controlled substance and false imprisonment.
The one-time Jackson County deputy faces misdemeanor charges of perjury, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said.
He was arrested by FDLE agents and taken to the Wakulla County Jail, where he is being held without bail.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 693260001/
https://news.wfsu.org/post/ex-jackson-c ... -isnt-rare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... s-scandal/
Last edited by WildBill on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Body Cam Video Shows FL LEO Planting Drugs

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

There is nothing worse than a bad cop. I am glad he is off the streets. People like him make it harder for honest cops to function. By the way, what a dope! He had his body cam on while planting the drugs? Bad cop who is a dumb cop.

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:07 am There is nothing worse than a bad cop. I am glad he is off the streets. People like him make it harder for honest cops to function. By the way, what a dope! He had his body cam on while planting the drugs? Bad cop who is a dumb cop.
This guy kept an inventory of drugs and paraphernalia that he could plant in the truck of his car.
I am happy that he is off the streets. I guess there is a good part to his lack of intelligence - it eventually was the thing that got him caught in the act.
NRA Endowment Member

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grayling813 »

His fellow convicts in prison are going to love him...repeatedly.

narcissist
Posts in topic: 11

Post by narcissist »

This cant be a cop doing something bad, just yesterday I believe someone commented that "Bad cops do not advertise they are bad cops and good cops would never give such dangerous and ridiculous advice." ..... Guess anything possible huh :smilelol5:
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 am His fellow convicts in prison are going to love him...repeatedly.
"rlol"
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lynyrd »

Why? What was he getting out of this? Did he take money from his victims?
Do what you say you're gonna do.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Lynyrd wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:40 pm Why? What was he getting out of this? Did he take money from his victims?
I'm sure he took "money" as well as the victims Freedom, guessing it would be more of a Power Trip/ Adrenaline Rush. The more arrests=looking good!!

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Lynyrd wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:40 pm Why? What was he getting out of this? Did he take money from his victims?
That is certainly possible. One of the federal charges is racketeering. It also makes me wonder how many of the victims were women.
NRA Endowment Member

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lynyrd »

I just don't understand the demented criminal mind. I cannot imagine taking pleasure in doing harm to other people. I don't consider myself sheltered, but compared to what LEO's have to rub up against every day, I am definitely sheltered. It's truly, truly sad that this vermin wore the uniform of law enforcement.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I am a big supporter of police and interact with them almost on a daily basis through our city's Citizens Police Academy and Patrol, but this is why you never consent to a search. This guy said he calls for a dog 10-15 times a shift obviously with no reasonable suspicion to search for drugs. Someone in the department should have put a stop to his antics long before he was caught on the act.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:07 am There is nothing worse than a bad cop. I am glad he is off the streets. People like him make it harder for honest cops to function. By the way, what a dope! He had his body cam on while planting the drugs? Bad cop who is a dumb cop.
This is why the body cams shouldn't be allowed to be turned off at all imo but my opinion doesn't count so.....

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

narcissist wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 pm This cant be a cop doing something bad, just yesterday I believe someone commented that "Bad cops do not advertise they are bad cops and good cops would never give such dangerous and ridiculous advice." ..... Guess anything possible huh :smilelol5:
He didn’t advertise he was a bad cop; just stupid enough to do it and got caught. He was never a good cop.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

My thoughts on his reason for doing this. He was trying to look good to his department. Making arrests are like brownie points. It would even help him to gain promotions over other officers with less arrests.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”