Great chat with Midlothian officer

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SA-TX
Posts in topic: 1

Great chat with Midlothian officer

Post by SA-TX »

My wife and I took our son to a local park where he could play on the equipment and drive his battery-powered fire truck. This really brings back memories for me as I had one in the early to mid 1970s. In another part of the lot were two Midlothian officers.

After some driving, my son went to the playground with my wife. I stayed at our vehicle with her purse and the fire truck. After one officer drove away the remaining one came over and spoke to me. He said he thought it was so cute he considered making a "traffic stop" with my son to say hi to him. His own boy is now 8 and he fondly remembers these early years (my son is 3.5). I said that would have been awesome and I would have played along 100%.

We had a great conversation about community and how great ours is, how bad Dallas County (to our north - we are in Ellis County) has become (he used to be a cop in DeSoto), the stupidity of the Dallas County DA in not prosecuting theft cases under $1,000, the miracles that our children are (literally, blessings from God as we both were told we couldn't have kids, fertility docs couldn't help, etc.). The fact that he could spend time in the community, being seen, patrolling, watching homes and businesses, keeping the peace instead of going from one horrible call to the next is how policing should be.

Eventually my son and wife returned. The officer gave him a junion officer badge sticker, showed him the patrol car lights and siren, and was a great example of how police can be nice and not scary.

I didn't get this officer's name but I want to publically thank him here. He (and his wife who both are veterans) should be praised for their past and present service. I sincerely wish that more like him will make that choice and sacrifice.

Firearm related content - I was carrying concealed the whole time altogether this never came up. The only allusion to it was when I told him that I rarely go to downtown Dallas anymore because of the parking scammers, panhandlers, etc. and certainly not without packing.

SA-TX

SigM4

Re: Great chat with Midlothian officer

Post by SigM4 »

Awesome contact. I grew up and graduated from Midlothian a while ago. It’s grown a lot since I left, for most of my time Dairy Queen and Sonic were your only good choices, but it still has a lot going for it.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

TxRVer

Re: Great chat with Midlothian officer

Post by TxRVer »

:thewave

Gotta love Ellis County. Helping keep Texas RED.
Charlie

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”