Pulled over for speeding, Plano

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pulled over for speeding, Plano

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I have never been asked where I'm going, but if I were I would try to think of a diplomatic way to tell the officer that information is not germaine to this particular transaction.

MAFWG

Post by MAFWG »

I was asked that once. I just pointed forward and said, "That way." I didn't get any more questions from the officer. Also got a warning.
"My days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle."

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

RicoTX wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:26 pm I never understand why some leo wants to know where you are going? Is that relevant?
Only if you tell the officer you are on your way to commit a crime.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I got pulled over once between Needville and Boling by a Ft Bend Deputy. He asked me where I was going. I told him. He asked why I was going there. I told him. He asked about my radio and antenna, I told him what it was. He then asked what my social security number was. I told him I don't have to tell him that. He said I do. I clamed up. I didn't get a ticket though.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

wil

Post by wil »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:08 pm I have never been asked where I'm going, but if I were I would try to think of a diplomatic way to tell the officer that information is not germaine to this particular transaction.
Easy:

"officer, as you are aware the law does not require me to consent to any conversations with yourself and does not require me to answer any questions. I have provided the information the law requires me to provide & I understand you have a job to do and will not interfere with that. However I will not answer any questions and do not consent to any conversations with yourself, that is the law"

No need to be hostile or anything, simply tell them the fact of the law in a polite and assertive fashion & leave it at that.

Flachero is correct, questions such as that are used to start the 'fishing expedition'. IF you're going down this route, be prepared for "why are you being uncooperative?" " I'm simply talking to you, what is the problem with that? " on & on those games go. All of which are designed to make you feel like YOU are the problem, YOU are doing something wrong. YOU should feel guilty and cooperate.

Any such responses from LEO should be answered as such: "officer the law is clear on this, I am not required to answer any questions and I do not consent to any conversations with yourself. That is the law as you well know & I do not find it unreasonable to expect you to abide by the law"

Repeat that as required and again, no need to be hostile, polite and assertive is how you should address them.

Regardless of how far they escalate things, repeat this as required and say nothing else. You have the right to remain silent no matter what they say or do, and they may escalate thing very badly, stand on your rights and the law as those are designed to protect you.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”