Things Done That Isn’t Always Reported.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Things Done That Isn’t Always Reported.

Post by carlson1 »

Between my Dad, my Brother, my Sister, Me, and my Son we have over 110 years of combined Law Enforcement years. My brother and son are still going strong. I know there are bad apples in every bunch, but things like this people rarely see because it doesn’t cause a enough trouble for news worthy. No blocking the streets because of these things.

My wife seen this and showed to me and I had to post it.....

With so much going on nowadays with police killing people and people killing the police as well as racial tensions, I felt compelled to share this picture. As we were traveling to Dallas on Sunday going through Madisonville on 45 I was pulled over by a State Trooper for a non-speeding violation. When Trooper Bates approached the car he asked where we were headed. I told him to Dallas because we had a death in the family. He asked was it immediate and I said yes my husbands brother. He said oh I’m sorry to hear that, do you know where he is? My husband answered “yes at the morgue” and the office responded “no he is now in his heavenly home”. At this point my husband and I are both moved to tears because his brothers death was very unexpected. The officer asked for my ID and returned to his vehicle. He came back with a warning and asked if he could pray with us. He removed his hat asked to hold our hands and he prayed with us. I have NEVER had this happen before but it was everything that we needed in that moment. Thank you so much Trooper Bates for praying with us!

Excaliber

Re: Things Done That Isn’t Always Reported.

Post by Excaliber »

Over the years when people have learned what I did in law enforcement, they often asked how I could have endured seeing all that violence, addiction, evil and death.

I've told them while there certainly was plenty of that, I considered myself blessed to have seen much more love, compassion, self-sacrifice, courage, and sometimes outright heroism that people outside the emergency services never see or hear about.

I find it inspiring and comforting to see first hand how much true goodness there still is in the world, especially among the men and women who put their lives on the line every day as police, firefighters, and EMS professionals.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

flechero

When Godly men serve...

Post by flechero »

The Kingdom is glorified and the Lord's comfort is shared with those in need. That post should be part of the academy and shown to every current LEO.

Well done, Trooper Bates. :tiphat:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Thank you for posting this Carl. :tiphat: :clapping:
NRA Endowment Member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Thanks for the post, this is one of those where a thumbs up button would be very appropriate. :thumbs2:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

:txflag:
A little bit about being a first responder and what I have experience. A number of times I have been involved with extremely I'll patients and family members or friends have said "All I can do is pray." If I hear this I will try to take a moment to look them in the eye and say "No. What you CAN do is pray." "All I can do" is a statement of defeat. We have to build ourselves and others up to remember we have the power of prayer and this is not a hopeless act.

What a great post. This is more along the lines of what I have witnessed in the field. These acts are not a rarity. Unfortunately the media is much less likely to consider this newsworthy.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”