Instructor's Cert Renewal

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

MasterOfNone
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Instructor's Cert Renewal

Post by MasterOfNone »

Seabear wrote:Ok, is anybody showing anything on their status other than "under review" ?
Background Check: Under review. Everything else Received or Valid.
Certificate : Issuance pending completion of application review and/or instructor's training
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

mec
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mec »

It will probably say that even after you receive your certification. That's the way it was with my chl renewal. It said, "Issue pending background check " right up until the thing actually arrived. Probably still says that though I haven't looked.
In ref: the instructor renewal, I made the mistake of sending more than one e-mail to them. I got an answer after a few days telling me what to do-which I did. I am now receiving strange answersto the other, identical e-mails no doubt opened by other employees-these several days after I believed the issue to be resolved.
We'll see.

Seabear
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Seabear »

MasterOfNone wrote:
Seabear wrote:Ok, is anybody showing anything on their status other than "under review" ?
Background Check: Under review. Everything else Received or Valid.
Certificate : Issuance pending completion of application review and/or instructor's training
Yep, that's what mine says. Thanks
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

Wrightwing wrote:I did my renewal online, took the test online and mailed in the receipt. Yesterday I received a letter stating my fingerprints they have did not meet their new standards.

So, I have to schedule an appointment with L1 to get new prints. The funny part is the prints from my instructers app 2 years ago were done at L1.

Oh well ...
Same here, got my letter today and the last TWO times I had prints done it was at L-1 :mad5 How can they not be good enough now? Oh well, here we go again. :headscratch

garcia946
Posts in topic: 17

Post by garcia946 »

I sent my paperwork in acouple weeks ago , waiting on response.... :coolgleamA:
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Post by troglodyte »

Did the online application and paid my $102.
It tells me to print the receipt and checklist........NO INK......Hope I can access it at school and print.
I get the email with a barcode and "check list" stating I have to send in Proof of Citizenship (DOD kid) and the CHL-90 form.
OK I'll see what happens when I get to school and pull up the page. Maybe I can print there.

Took the test...100% :hurry: Why couldn't I do this in High School???? :headscratch

My question to you good folks is this, is the email with the barcode the receipt AND checklist? I have a sinking feeling that I will not be able to access the page I couldn't print when I get to school tomorrow. (Sidebar: Funny how teachers don't say "get to my office" or "get to work". We're always in "school".)

I also keep reading here that we don't have to send in the CHL-90 form. Has anyone that didn't send it in heard back from the DPS?

AND if I have my CHL and the DPS has my records of citizenship, why do I have to provide them now, again. I suspect that it is automatically generated from the form but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe they think I may get my citizenship revoked.

Bless the DPS' hearts. I don't think they quite have it figured out and are trying to patch us into the system they already have. Seems to be generating more hassle than it should. But I'll be patient and hope it all falls into place.

Guess I may have to call or send an email tomorrow.

mec
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mec »

I have heard from several DPS individuals and they are consisent that we do nothave to send in the form 90. It seems odd that they wanted me to send in a check list with a check on it and nothing else but it seems most likely that they are really Not demanding the chl-90. Proof of citizenship seems strange for somebody renewing either chl or instructor's certificate but, maybe inf a few months they'll demand that I send that in too.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

troglodyte wrote:Did the online application and paid my $102.
It tells me to print the receipt and checklist........NO INK......Hope I can access it at school and print.
This may be OT, but you can install a PDF printer on your computer which will print to a file. If you need a hard copy later on just open and print it with Adobe Acrobat Reader. I use this all the time when printing receipts.
NRA Endowment Member

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Thanks WildBill that's good to know and I'll look into it.

Thankfully I was able to pull it up at school.

It's in the mail.

About citizenship. They ask for a N-560 form. Which is now athe N-600 form if I studied things right. Costs $600 to get one. Something doesn't seem right.

I sent thema copies of my passport (acceptable per DPS site) my FS-240 form Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of USA , form 360 Report of Child Born Abroad of American Parents, and my Dept.of State birth certificate. Better for them to have too much then for them to ask for more. Worked fine when I got my CHL.

It's funny. In 48 years the only time I have had to pull out my 240 form is for my CHL. I guess I live a boring life.

Papacub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Papacub »

I use a laptop and not always attached to a printer, so I also use Adobe and print everything to .pdf just so I have an electronic record.
Also just renewed and sending in the paperwork, and from everything I've read on this great forum, I do not need to send a CHL-90.
Thanks everybody!! :txflag:
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified RSO
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

troglodyte wrote:Did the online application and paid my $102.
When you log back into the website, you will have the option to reprint your receipt, etc.
I'll be mailing my stuff off in the morning.
NRA lifetime member

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

Anybody hear back yet on your renewal ?

Topic author
sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 24

Post by sjfcontrol »

Nope. I sure if anybody had, it would have been mentioned here. :txflag:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

No, mine still shows the background check is ongoing. I don't recall when I started, but it's been at least 6 weeks or more. Since our current certificates don't expire until Dec. 31st, they are probably a low priority item.

Chas.

garcia946
Posts in topic: 17

Post by garcia946 »

No , I checked onlince , shows background check pending , also shows my application has not been recieved and I mailed it in weeks ago
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

Return to “Instructors' Corner”