Anybody go to 1st Responder Instructor Training?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
hitwsr
Posts in topic: 1

Anybody go to 1st Responder Instructor Training?

Post by hitwsr »

Does anyone on this forum know how the 1st Responder Instructor Training went?

AF-Odin

Re: Anybody go to 1st Responder Instructor Training?

Post by AF-Odin »

I did not go, but one of my colleagues at the range where I work part time did. He stated that it was one of the best courses he has attended. They required minimum 400 rounds and he stated he fired in excess of 300. Lots of range time. Movement to cover, low light shooting, lots of holster work drawing. Lots of time spent defining exactly who is eligible for the First Responder Cert. Stated no deviations from what is taught and must use DPS slides. He stated courses for First Responders (not the instructor course) were limited to a maximum of six. He is starting to put together his first class and stated he will require all six slots to be filled before start and he will charge $400 each. All attendees must be eligible for the cert.

Also stated that of the 12 slated for first class, only 11 showed.

Again, I did not attend and above is my recollection of discussions. :tiphat:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Thanks AF. Now I wonder when they will schedule the next class?
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

troglodyte wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:23 am Thanks AF. Now I wonder when they will schedule the next class?
Let's see.. This is 2022... The invite came out on a Friday I think and I submitted my form on Sunday. So I'm thinking late 2024 for me.

For my own personal situation I'm glad I didn't get in the first class. I just had steroid injections in my back and even today I am still a bit wobbly. I don't think I could have made it through... I had a class this morning and even just standing for 4 hours I was worn out.....

Return to “Instructors' Corner”