2023 Instructor Renewals

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 5

Re: 2023 Instructor Renewals

Post by AF-Odin »

ARRRRGH

Did my application early this morning and paid the fee, then did my LTC-90, LTC-100, and a copy of my NRA Certs, uploaded them all as supporting documents and now get an email that they received, but do not have my application. Called and the nice person asked if I had paid my fee which I told her I did and was told that it may take up to 24 hours for that to register in the system. I know it will work out but aggravating.
:banghead:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paladin »

Since there was no acknowledgement that they received the docs I sent them I was worried they lost something, but finally received my test August 16th.

Test complete.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Tex1961 »

Paladin wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:56 am Since there was no acknowledgement that they received the docs I sent them I was worried they lost something, but finally received my test August 16th.

Test complete.
Nice... I'm surprised you didn't get any notice on receiving the paperwork... I did... But I guess no matter since you got your test.. I think it took about 10 days or so from the time I submitted my test answer sheet via email until I got my renewal approved email.....

howdy

Post by howdy »

Paladin wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:56 am Since there was no acknowledgement that they received the docs I sent them I was worried they lost something, but finally received my test August 16th.

Test complete.
When did you send off your paperwork? I sent mine July 15 and it still says "background check under review"
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

howdy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:21 pm

Test complete.
When did you send off your paperwork? I sent mine July 15 and it still says "background check under review"
My paperwork was complete July 14th.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Received my renewal today.

Neverpanic1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Neverpanic1 »

Sent everything in on Aug. 15, and still waiting.
Texas LTC Instructor/ NRA Certified Instructor

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I received my renewal content and test this weekend. I took it and sent it in.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Tex1961 »

Vol Texan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:38 pm I received my renewal content and test this weekend. I took it and sent it in.
Did it take you the estimated 30 minutes they said it would take. :smilelol5:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Tex1961 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:51 pm
Vol Texan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:38 pm I received my renewal content and test this weekend. I took it and sent it in.
Did it take you the estimated 30 minutes they said it would take. :smilelol5:
Man, it was a doozie. I did just barely get under the time limit. :lol:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Finally, two plus weeks after submitting everything, I see on the RSD site that my background check is under review. Everything else is green so now just waiting for confirmation and the test. Not much really changed this legislative session other than the clarification regarding grounds where a school activity is occurring.
:yawn
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

howdy

Post by howdy »

I submitted my paperwork on July 15th and it has said "background check under review" for weeks.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

howdy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:16 am I submitted my paperwork on July 15th and it has said "background check under review" for weeks.
Same here.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Wow, I sent mine in over the holiday weekend, and it’s progressing well. No complaints here!
IMG_0475.jpeg

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:56 am Finally, two plus weeks after submitting everything, I see on the RSD site that my background check is under review. Everything else is green so now just waiting for confirmation and the test. Not much really changed this legislative session other than the clarification regarding grounds where a school activity is occurring.
:yawn
You’re absolutely right, sir. Nothing remarkable during this session - but at least now new restrictions came to be.

The only thing of consequence to broaden our rights this year was via case law rather than “law” law - 18 year olds can now get their LTC: /viewtopic.php?p=1329602#p1329602. I’d like to see it get codified, however.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”