2023 Instructor Renewals

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

howdy
Posts in topic: 4

Re: 2023 Instructor Renewals

Post by howdy »

Submitted my paperwork on July 15 and got the email with test today. Took the test, emailed it off and now I wait again.

Got the official Instructor certificate yesterday so almost 2 months from send off to finish.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AF-Odin »

Background investigation showed complete last Friday. Got the material and test today. YGBKM! took all of 15 minutes and that included the time to PRINT their PP presentation, answer the questions, scan the answer sheet and email it back to them. Reminded them in the email that I had sent them my LTC-100 and NRA credentials back on 18 August. Now to see how long it takes.

On another issue, for my last two classes, when I sent them my Form 8s, I got the usual auto reply of "Thank You For Contacting RSD" but did not receive the usual follow up email a business day or two later stating Form 8 Received. Contacted RSD and individual checked and stated that they had the Form 8s for those two classes and did not know why I had not received the usual confirmation. Anyone else had this issue?
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Tex1961 »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:14 pm Background investigation showed complete last Friday. Got the material and test today. YGBKM! took all of 15 minutes and that included the time to PRINT their PP presentation, answer the questions, scan the answer sheet and email it back to them. Reminded them in the email that I had sent them my LTC-100 and NRA credentials back on 18 August. Now to see how long it takes.

On another issue, for my last two classes, when I sent them my Form 8s, I got the usual auto reply of "Thank You For Contacting RSD" but did not receive the usual follow up email a business day or two later stating Form 8 Received. Contacted RSD and individual checked and stated that they had the Form 8s for those two classes and did not know why I had not received the usual confirmation. Anyone else had this issue?
I did a few weeks back.. They said that the website was having issues. I had to resend via email. Also last week RSD sent me a email saying that my LTC-101 wasn't complete.. I'm like WHAAA... Had to email them back to say I don't have any LTC-101's... Come to find out they sent me the email instead of. the student.. AND... I had to email twice because I got no response on the first one RE my application for the School Safety class.. and even though I mailed off my application a year ago and they cashed the check, they don't show it in the system...

Oh, let's not forget about the debacle a few months back when they were rejecting LTC-100's because some new hire didn't understand on the new form that you don't fill out part B Range Instruction if they are not a online student.....

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AF-Odin »

Well, all three certs arrived last night. Actually, not too bad, sent in first application and supporting docs on 18 August and new certs on 14 September. Now just need to print--the range where I teach likes the instructors to have their certs hanging on the wall.
:smile:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Instructors' Corner”