Why did you become an instructor?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

switch
Posts in topic: 1

aim for the groin?

Post by switch »

match308 wrote:I felt the calling after an instructor told the female students in my renewal course to "aim for the groin" on a perp., in order to create a "stronger" psychological message and give the BG a chance to retreat.
I felt that the idea of aiming for anything but center mass and deploying a weapon in order to scare away the threat would pose an unacceptable risk to the CHL holder in crisis. I also feel like doing something outside of my 60+ hr/wk profession that I feel a passion for.
Actually, that is good advice. If you are holding someone at gunpoint, do NOT have any immediate plans to shoot them, then, aiming at the crotch allows you to watch their hands.

Starvin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Starvin »

Just checking in! After returning from the certification course I have been hard a work trying to make a power point presentation for my course. I now know why very few people have the course on power point, it is a logistical nightmare!!! My first class is scheduled for June 30.
I did manage to meet some very fine folk at the class, hopefully some lasting relationships will blossom from these. As for the purpose of this thread, I plan to pass my newfound knowledge on to as many as possible. My mind is still, after one week, overloaded with information. Looking forward to hearing from my new friends!

Return to “Instructors' Corner”