new NRA instructor here (basic pistol)

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 1

new NRA instructor here (basic pistol)

Post by RHenriksen »

I went through the class this past weekend for the general instructor training + basic pistol. Still waiting for the instructor to upload the class results to NRA to become official.

I was wondering if anyone here is active in offering the basic pistol class in SE Texas, that would be interested in an assistant? I'd like to ensure I have some activity in the logs to keep up my certification, but don't know how soon I'll be ready (scheduling, startup costs) to head up a class on my own.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

asbandr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: new NRA instructor here (basic pistol)

Post by asbandr »

Keep in mind that you can list non NRA courses to keep up your certification. Shortly after I got my NRA basic pistol certification I got a job at a gun range. We don't offer NRA courses, and I can't take customer information to list courses to keep up my credentials, so I list any friends that I teach. These are still legitimate students. Friends that have decided to learn to shoot. I format the instruction based on my ranges courses, and since they are friends, I don't charge them, but they agree to let me list them as non-NRA completed courses so I keep up my certification.
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

Return to “Instructors' Corner”