Lever-action pistol

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Alf
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Lever-action pistol

Post by Alf »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jusme wrote:There are no regulations, in the LTC firearms proficiency test, that require any gun be fired with only one hand. To require that, of someone, with a non-traditional "pistol" seems unfair. JMHO
Might be justifiable for safety reasons.
What if an instructor made students 60 and older fire with only one hand? You know, for safety reasons.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Lever-action pistol

Post by The Annoyed Man »

BBYC wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildRose wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildRose wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jusme wrote:There are no regulations, in the LTC firearms proficiency test, that require any gun be fired with only one hand. To require that, of someone, with a non-traditional "pistol" seems unfair. JMHO
There is no "one hand" requirement for qualification.
See my post immediately above yours.
I did and no such one hand firing requirement exists in Texas.
For some reason, your reply is rubbing me the wrong way - intentionally or not.
Your feelings don't mean he's wrong about the law.
The Annoyed Man wrote:You joined the forum on Wed Jan 31, 2018 at 12:30 am, and have 34 posts. I joined the forum on Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 10:59 am, and I have 23,389 posts.
That's a beautiful example of ad hominem. Attacking the individual rather than the argument doesn't mean he's wrong about the law. Maybe it suggests the opposite?
And cherry picking my post doesn’t mean that you’ve taken what I said in its entirety. Your absolutely right. My feelings mean nothing more than this: I replied because I found his answer too flippant. As to length of membership and post count, it was neither ad hominem, nor did diminish him at all. It DID point out that I’ve been here long enough to know the difference between one thing and another.
Alf wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
What if an instructor made students 60 and older fire with only one hand? You know, for safety reasons.
What if, what if, what if..... did you even read my followup post? I think not. If you decide to do so, please don’t cherrypick it like someone else has done.

Have a good day, gentlemen.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Instructors' Corner”