Instructor Renewal Shoot Fort Worth Area

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
kg5ie
Posts in topic: 2

Instructor Renewal Shoot Fort Worth Area

Post by kg5ie »

I plan to host a shoot if there is enough interest. Range is in Weatherford. It will likely be in late July. I can make it later in the day to combat heat and those who work let me know if you are interested and I'll start a list.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

skeathley
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Instructor Renewal Shoot Fort Worth Area

Post by skeathley »

My renewal did not say anything about shooting this time. Still wondering.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike S »

skeathley wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:36 pm My renewal did not say anything about shooting this time. Still wondering.
Sandy,
The RSD isn't the best at communicating...

All instructors who are due for renewal this year will have to shoot this time. Click on the "Renewal for LTC Instructor", then scroll down to the "Required Documents" portion at this link:

http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/ltc/news/i ... pdates.htm

Very respectfully,
Mike

Topic author
kg5ie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kg5ie »

And also notice that in the "Steps for renewal" list, shooting is not included. :banghead:

messed up
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 4

Post by twomillenium »

They want an LTC 100, which would contain the proficiency for instructor when the instructor box is checked.
Also, if you go to the website and click on the yellow stick note "2019 Instructor Renewal Information", it tells instructors to get with other instructors and do the proficiency testing. Don't forget to send in your LTC 8 info for the instructor/s that you test.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AJSully421 »

I will ask this here: my LTC Instructor cert says 2021... but my School Safety Instructor cert says 2019.

What am I supposed to do with that? Calling the RSD is VERY low on the list of things that I want to do (I deal with the Private Security side weekly, and as horrible as they are, the Security side is 100x better than the handgun licensing side).
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Double post
Last edited by twomillenium on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

AJSully421 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:41 am I will ask this here: my LTC Instructor cert says 2021... but my School Safety Instructor cert says 2019.

What am I supposed to do with that? Calling the RSD is VERY low on the list of things that I want to do (I deal with the Private Security side weekly, and as horrible as they are, the Security side is 100x better than the handgun licensing side).
Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. I would suggest that you call the Handgun Division, they have always been most helpful. I have had a low wait time if the call is made at 7 AM.
The dates are really odd because you need to be an instructor in order to get a SSC. I can see the SSC being 2021 if taken this year but if you were already and instructor before this year it would expire in 2019. Double check which has the 2021 expire date.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I called our fine Friends at the RSD, and after only a couple of times explaining what is going on and a couple of transfers... it turned out that someone in the state government made a mistake (imagine that) and an incorrect date was put on my SSC Certificate. A new one with the correct 2021 expiration date is being mailed out to me.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

AJSully421 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:36 am I called our fine Friends at the RSD, and after only a couple of times explaining what is going on and a couple of transfers... it turned out that someone in the state government made a mistake (imagine that) and an incorrect date was put on my SSC Certificate. A new one with the correct 2021 expiration date is being mailed out to me.
Sounds like RSD did a good job of correcting the mistake.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

twomillenium wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:34 pm
AJSully421 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:36 am I called our fine Friends at the RSD, and after only a couple of times explaining what is going on and a couple of transfers... it turned out that someone in the state government made a mistake (imagine that) and an incorrect date was put on my SSC Certificate. A new one with the correct 2021 expiration date is being mailed out to me.
Sounds like RSD did a good job of correcting the mistake.
Yeah. They did. I’ll give credit where credit is due.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”