Instructor submitting 101's and 100's

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Neverpanic1
Posts in topic: 3

Instructor submitting 101's and 100's

Post by Neverpanic1 »

Is an instructor ok to submit a students class completion form (100 or 101's) ? I heard of an instructor the other day submitting everything. It wouldn't be a bad idea, as I electronically save everything as a .pdf anyway. Just asking....
Texas LTC Instructor/ NRA Certified Instructor

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Instructor submitting 101's and 100's

Post by Vol Texan »

Instructor provides to student. Student submits.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike S »

Here's my take:

If the instructor submits the LTC-100/101, it's likely going to sit in limbo. All the RSD needs from the Instructor is the LTC-8/9 certifying that the class occurred, & pass/fail status of each student. The LTC-8/9 is then associated with the INSTRUCTOR's file.

The applicant (is, Student) submits the LTC-100/101 to the RSD as a supporting document by logging in as a Returning User on the DPS portal, & it gets associated with the APPLICANT's file.

Topic author
Neverpanic1

Post by Neverpanic1 »

Vol Texan wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:11 am Instructor provides to student. Student submits.

Well that's as I was trained, but I'm asking...anything wrong in doing so ? I have had several students mention being "computer illiterate", and if I can help further, why not ?

Topic author
Neverpanic1

Post by Neverpanic1 »

Mike S wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:46 am Here's my take:

If the instructor submits the LTC-100/101, it's likely going to sit in limbo. All the RSD needs from the Instructor is the LTC-8/9 certifying that the class occurred, & pass/fail status of each student. The LTC-8/9 is then associated with the INSTRUCTOR's file.

The applicant (is, Student) submits the LTC-100/101 to the RSD as a supporting document by logging in as a Returning User on the DPS portal, & it gets associated with the APPLICANT's file.
I see what you're saying. Your reply does make sense. Just thought it odd when I heard about it.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Neverpanic1 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:49 am
Vol Texan wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:11 am Instructor provides to student. Student submits.

Well that's as I was trained, but I'm asking...anything wrong in doing so ? I have had several students mention being "computer illiterate", and if I can help further, why not ?
I have sat in the Starbucks several times allowing non-PC-literate students to use my PC to submit docs. They need to be the submitters. The supporting docs should be in their file, not yours.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Instructors' Corner”