RV In Florence

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

RV In Florence

Post by Tex1961 »

Has anyone taken a RV to stay in at the DPS training center in Florence. My understanding is that they close off the parking area inside the gates but there is one outside. Hopefully I’ll get lucky and get my call up for September or December class.

Topic author
Tex1961

Re: RV In Florence

Post by Tex1961 »

I just got my call up. First week of November. Still curious if anyone has ever RV,d while taking the class. I was thinking of making a state park reservation for that weekend after class and have my wife and boys drive up and enjoy a west Texas camping trip.

Sort of a win win. No hotel or food costs and a mini vacation all in one.

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmorris »

I took the trailer up but don't remember where I stayed, been a few years. It was a commercial park though, not too far away. Maybe Country Oasis? Just don't go to Jim Hogg.

"West" Texas? I think of that as central, maybe south central.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

jmorris wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:49 am I took the trailer up but don't remember where I stayed, been a few years. It was a commercial park though, not too far away. Maybe Country Oasis? Just don't go to Jim Hogg.

"West" Texas? I think of that as central, maybe south central.
Thanks,

True, not West.

We don’t often get down that way much when camping, but thought might as well look into it. Lots of nice places to camp in that area. I don’t have a toad for my Motorhome so was hoping I could park at the facility but I don’t really any good places to. I wonder if they still kick everyone out after closing.
BC0639A9-9653-48CA-803B-CDE84BD3ABE2.jpeg

Return to “Instructors' Corner”