Instructor Insurance

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 4

Instructor Insurance

Post by Tex1961 »

Does anyone have a recommendation for Instructor Insurance company...

It's just me, no brick and mortar location or employee's....

Thanks

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Instructor Insurance

Post by Keith B »

NRA has the best deal IMO. https://www.nrainstructors.org/
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I don’t see any information for instructor insurance on the NRA site.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Mike,

On this site https://firearmtraining.nra.org/become-an-instructor/ scroll down to the Additional Resources section (almost all the way to the bottom of the page) and find the block for Insurance Information.

It will redirect you to Lockton Affinity. This is the company I've used since becoming an instructor.

VT
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Vol Texan wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 pm Mike,

On this site https://firearmtraining.nra.org/become-an-instructor/ scroll down to the Additional Resources section (almost all the way to the bottom of the page) and find the block for Insurance Information.

It will redirect you to Lockton Affinity. This is the company I've used since becoming an instructor.

VT
Thank you sir. I’ll give them a shout out tomorrow. Took my instructor class literally a week before Covid hit. Managed to get all my gear, printed materials, etc ready and then BAM nothing. Now with everything going on with riots requests are coming in from a lot of new gun owners. Insurance is my last item to get as I have a few classes already scheduled to teach.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:20 pm

VT
Thank you sir. I’ll give them a shout out tomorrow. Took my instructor class literally a week before Covid hit. Managed to get all my gear, printed materials, etc ready and then BAM nothing. Now with everything going on with riots requests are coming in from a lot of new gun owners. Insurance is my last item to get as I have a few classes already scheduled to teach.
If you've not yet taught your first class, I encourage you to do what I did before teaching mine: I audited a class taught by another experienced instructor.
I had already developed my class (training materials, PPT deck, etc.), but I felt that watching another would really help solidify the training I'd received from the DPS folks. Charles Cotton was gracious enough to let me audit one of his classes, and for that I'm forever grateful. I dare say that many others on here would do the same for you as well. I don't think you're in the Houston area, but if you are, you're welcome to come sit in on one of mine anytime you wish. Same goes for others on here who are new instructors.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:43 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:20 pm

VT
If you've not yet taught your first class, I encourage you to do what I did before teaching mine: I audited a class taught by another experienced instructor.
I had already developed my class (training materials, PPT deck, etc.), but I felt that watching another would really help solidify the training I'd received from the DPS folks. Charles Cotton was gracious enough to let me audit one of his classes, and for that I'm forever grateful. I dare say that many others on here would do the same for you as well. I don't think you're in the Houston area, but if you are, you're welcome to come sit in on one of mine anytime you wish. Same goes for others on here who are new instructors.
Thank you sir... Very kind and very sage advise... Actually this class is just for Basic Pistol 101... I've already given classes to friends and family so I have it down pretty well.. But now that I have paying customers I needed to get the final piece in place... I'm just waiting on DPS to email my time slot for my LTC Instructors course.. Probably won't happen until December or sometime in 2021, however after class, I defiantly will seek out someone to audit before striking out on my own....

I went ahead and got covered with Lockton Affinity.

Texanaggie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texanaggie »

I have been using the NRA insurance ... have not needed it but any gun range is more willing to let me run students when i tell them i have it...

Return to “Instructors' Corner”