TxCHLForum Express???

Holsters and firearms-related gear and accessories, reloading equipment & supplies, ammo

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
gemini
Posts in topic: 5

TxCHLForum Express???

Post by gemini »

Mod's....not really sure if this is the right section for this....please move if needed.
Scanning through the "Pay It Forward" thread prompted me to post the following.

One of the other sites I visit has a "Forum Express". It's a free service between members.
Basically, if you buy or sell an item, you post you need Express service from Waco to Dallas
or El Paso to Ft Worth etc. Or offer that you're traveling and in what direction.
If another member is traveling to that destination or direction
they'll take your bought or sold item for free.... as a courtesy. I have bought and sold various
items, shipped them courtesy of the Forum Express, and never had any problems whatsoever.
I've also met several really nice folks in the process. It is not a service for "hitch-hikers" so don't
even go there..... just a friendly, free, delivery service among the hunting, fishing, sportsmen.

What do you guys think?

I'll be heading Dallas to Austin June 13th. So, if you buy or sell something off TxCHL Forum, and need
me to take it to Austin during that time frame, PM me and we'll work out the details.
:txflag:

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TxCHLForum Express???

Post by joe817 »

I think that is a neat idea gemini! I hope the idea catches on. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KC5AV »

June 13? Are you going to Austin for the instructors class?
NRA lifetime member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

I have done that before for forum members that I knew from DFW to East Texas. It helps a lot.

Topic author
gemini

Post by gemini »

KC5AV wrote:June 13? Are you going to Austin for the instructors class?
Yes Sir.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KC5AV »

I guess I'll see you there.
Sorry to hijack your thread. Back to our regular programming.
NRA lifetime member

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

Seems extremely helpful!
If there were a few safeguards in place I'd be willing to take part in something like this
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker »

You must be a TBH'er.......LOL

shortysboy09
Posts in topic: 2

Post by shortysboy09 »

MedicMan218 wrote: If there were a few safeguards in place I'd be willing to take part in something like this
What type of safeguards are you thinking about?
Disclaimer for all my posts: IANAL

My setup:

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II or Bersa Thunder .380
Crossbreed Supertuck

NRA Member
TSRA Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I also have done it & have been the recipiant of the help 2 times.

It has worked for me.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

shortysboy09 wrote:
MedicMan218 wrote: If there were a few safeguards in place I'd be willing to take part in something like this
What type of safeguards are you thinking about?
I don't know really, just some type of accountablity. I'm sure most people on here are straight as an arrow but I would just be a little weary about sending a pistol on the road with a complete stranger from the Internet.
Maybe some type of collateral...like a personal check for the pistols value returnable upon successful completion...I really don't know though, I'm just spit-ballin here

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

I suspect most of the members of this forum would consider that requirement to be an insult, if you were serious.

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

LarryH wrote:I suspect most of the members of this forum would consider that requirement to be an insult, if you were serious.
If they got insulted then fine, but that sure wouldn't be my intent.
That being said I do not know anyone on this site and just handing over a gun to someone in good faith with out any kind of accountability would not sit well with me.
You gotta look out for number one right?
What if the person you are trusting to transport your gun for you just vanishes never to be heard from again? Then you'd be out a gun AND you would have to refund the buyers money.
I'm just sayin, you have to look at it from all angles. I'm very trusting of people I know but would you trust someone you've never met to move your gun for you on the honor system?
However, if you know them then I say go for it.
Im just playin devils advocate here, tryin to help people see the potential flaws in dealing with strangers.
Just my opinion

USA1

Post by USA1 »

MedicMan218 wrote:
LarryH wrote:I suspect most of the members of this forum would consider that requirement to be an insult, if you were serious.
That being said I do not know anyone on this site and just handing over a gun to someone in good faith with out any kind of accountability would not sit well with me.
What if the person you are trusting to transport your gun for you just vanishes never to be heard from again? Then you'd be out a gun AND you would have to refund the buyers money.
I'm just sayin, you have to look at it from all angles. I'm very trusting of people I know but would you trust someone you've never met to move your gun for you on the honor system?
Im just playin devils advocate here, tryin to help people see the potential flaws in dealing with strangers.
Just my opinion
I think MedicMan218 makes a valid point.

Now, who needs me to run a couple Kimbers up to Dallas? :cool:

That was a joke of coarse.
Honestly, I probably wouldn't feel comfortable taking temporary possession
of someone else's valuables unless I knew them well.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
gemini

Post by gemini »

KC5AV: No problem. Look forward to meeting several folks from here. Maybe everybody have dinner together one night.

Outbreaker: No. THF'er.
MedicMan218 wrote:
Just my opinion
Guys. The sale and actual details are worked out between the seller and buyer. Usually it is the buyer that will contact
you. The parties exchange mobile / home phone numbers, where, date, day and time to meet. I have never heard of
anyone that is volunteering to transport ripping anyone else off. Everything is done FTF. Seller hands the goods over to
the transport FTF. You think he's questionable? Write down his license plate number etc. Though it's really not necessary
as the money has already been paid to you. The delivery is between the buyer and the transporter. I've shipped guns, ammo,
holsters etc... and received knives and ammo over the last couple of years using this method and have had 0 problems.
Usually the buyer buys the transporter a cup of coffee if they have time.....otherwise it's "thanks a lot and see you later".
I've found that the day of scheduled delivery, several calls are made between the transporter and the buyer to finalize exact
times (sometimes traffic problems etc). Again it serves it's purpose well. The last items I received via this method was 800
rounds of .45acp. The transporter also had a 5hp upright compressor in the back of his truck that he was delivering to a friend in
east Tx. He was making a trip to east Tx for medical testing.... he just happened to not mind carrying the ammo and compressor.
Turned out to be a great guy. We had about a 45min chat regarding hunting etc.
I probably would not ship with someone who had not been around the forum for awhile. That said, my offer still stands. You work out
a deal on something off this board, and need it to go from Dallas to Austin June 13th..... send me a PM and we'll see if we can't
work you out some free shipping!

Return to “Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies”