Bad Gateway error

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 2

Bad Gateway error

Post by LDB415 »

I've been getting 502 and 504 errors intermittently for several days now. One is bad gateway and I forget what the other is. Is anyone else getting those? What is wrong with the forum? And now that Charles is so busy making things better for the NRA who are we supposed to let know about these things? And what is their email?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bad Gateway error

Post by JRG »

I got one last night. I reloaded the page and it went away and the website came up.

Joe

Mel

Post by Mel »

Yep, I've been having problems for several days now. About 90% of the time, the forum won't come up.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Mel wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:05 am Yep, I've been having problems for several days now. About 90% of the time, the forum won't come up.
Same. Started happening to me, I believe, last Friday or Saturday. Occasionally the site behaves normally, but most of the time it's a 502 error ("bad gateway"; a 504 is "gateway timeout"). Not using a VPN for forum access, just straight in from my internet provider with IP ranges allocated to the Houston area.

Plus, it's randomly forgetting my option to keep my login. Two accesses out of about the last 10 have had me logged out & I had to log on again. I don't know if the forum is front-ended by content delivery network, but that's the only thing that comes to mind that might cause this kind of behavior. Dunno. But I believe our sparse membership may be sparser right now if folks are having the same kind of difficulty getting on the board.

The stats at bottom of the homepage still show that the last new member registered February 27, 2021. So I'm guessing the registration process isn't working, either.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I have been unable to access the forum in the morning for the last 4 mornings. I seldom try later in the day
N5PNZ

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Reaching this site has been randomly hit-or-miss for about a week now... Anyone know what's up?

Just hangs and eventually times out.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:30 am Reaching this site has been randomly hit-or-miss for about a week now... Anyone know what's up?

Just hangs and eventually times out.
I wish I knew. It's been off and on, mostly off, for several days. I don't know who, or even if anyone, is in charge of the site anymore. There needs to be a few additional "super moderators" or whatever title who can help get new people approved for joining and can either do the "fixing" for these problems or know who to commission to do so. Otherwise I'm afraid the site is on an endless downward spiral.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

I think the entire internetsuperhighway has been highjacked all week .... I've noticed problems just about everywhere

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

I have not been getting Gateway errors, but for the last week plus have had a devil of a time just getting to the site and when I do, it does not remember me. Some days I find it impossible to even get to the site.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I've had the same issues in the same time range recently. Wasn't sure if it was maintenance or an outage as once I'm getting it, refreshing does not help.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:13 pm I've had the same issues in the same time range recently. Wasn't sure if it was maintenance or an outage as once I'm getting it, refreshing does not help.
Yep; it's oddly sporadic. Sometimes the site never loads (two hours ago for me); sometimes it does but it's super slow; and sometimes it performs at normal speeds, like right now. No rhyme or reason that I can figure out. I've been tracking my assigned IP address and it hasn't changed in at least 6 days, so it shouldn't have anything to do with IP validation as a security measure. Dunno. :headscratch
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Been inaccessible all day today, until just a few minutes ago... DDoS??
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”