Automatic Logon feature - any problems?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Automatic Logon feature - any problems?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

A member sent me a PM advising that the automatic logon feature wasn't working on their computer. (Cookies are enabled.)

It's works on my machines, but I had to set the parameters to accept cookies from this site, but this obviously isn't the problem with this member's machine.

Is anyone else having trouble with this feature? Also, do any of you experts have any suggestions they can try?

Thanks,
Chas.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

The easiest thing to have them try is to delete all their cookies. Cookies can get messed up with some browsers over time.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

I had a problem yesterday that I'm not sure is related. I logged in, tried to reply to a thread (on two separate occasions) and could not "submit". It brought up the log on screen again. When I returned to the first screen, it showed I was already logged in?

To avoid losing my reply, I had to print what I had typed, log out, log back in..and then type the whole thing over again. Strange.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I haven't had any problems at all.

quidni

Post by quidni »

I used to have that problem, until I realized that I had bookmarked the "pre-log-in" home page instead of the "already logged in" homepage.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

Reysc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Reysc »

I have the same problem. Don't have the automatic log on feature just one this site...Let me see if it will work this time.

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Nope FWI auto log on not working for me.. Yup cookies enabled.. Cleared cookies and files aalready..

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

mine won't either? I don't know much about these thing's so I am used to it not working right.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

quidni wrote:I used to have that problem, until I realized that I had bookmarked the "pre-log-in" home page instead of the "already logged in" homepage.
Thanks. That fixed it for me!!!

mschadt

Post by mschadt »

I had this problem at one time, I think it had to do with using the TexasCHLForum.com url instead of the texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum/ url. But that while back so I can't say for sure if that was it .

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

NOw it's working.. Thanks

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”