Travel to Canada w/ handgun

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Travel to Canada w/ handgun

Post by philip964 »

Wow, I checked and I haven't commented on this yet.

Hard to imagine that I haven't commented yet.

I usually travel to Canada by air or I am in a rental car when I cross the border. But one time I drove from Texas.

They don't see that many cars from Texas, but when they do, it's go to the special inspection station time.

The conversation starts innocently enough, where are you headed, what is the purpose of your trip, then right to business, did you bring your rifle with you? What is your occupation, did you bring your handgun with you? How old are you, did you perhaps bring your shotgun with you? How long are you staying in Canada? It there a gun under the seat or in the trunk? Could everyone step out of the car, please? We will need for you to open your trunk.

An hour later your on your way.

Yeah, make sure you don't have that stray cartridge somewhere in the car like underneath the backseat, cause they will pop it out to look.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Travel to Canada w/ handgun

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote:Wow, I checked and I haven't commented on this yet.

Hard to imagine that I haven't commented yet.

I usually travel to Canada by air or I am in a rental car when I cross the border. But one time I drove from Texas.

They don't see that many cars from Texas, but when they do, it's go to the special inspection station time.

The conversation starts innocently enough, where are you headed, what is the purpose of your trip, then right to business, did you bring your rifle with you? What is your occupation, did you bring your handgun with you? How old are you, did you perhaps bring your shotgun with you? How long are you staying in Canada? It there a gun under the seat or in the trunk? Could everyone step out of the car, please? We will need for you to open your trunk.

An hour later your on your way.

Yeah, make sure you don't have that stray cartridge somewhere in the car like underneath the backseat, cause they will pop it out to look.
I can attest to the part I bolded. When I was in my late teens my older cousin and I drove into Canada. They absolutely freaked when they found a single .22 LR round on the floorboard of his pickup.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”