Class B Misdemeanor and processing question.

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Mr.F
Posts in topic: 2

Class B Misdemeanor and processing question.

Post by Mr.F »

Apologies in advance is this is not in the correct subforum.

In 2004 I was arrested for a possession of marijuana charge, which was deferred. 6 months probation and some community service. Probation was over and the case was over and done with by November of 04. Well from reading the eligibility criteria I figured I had nothing to worry about since it had been 5 years since the whole thing was over. Applied over the weekend, sent out my paperwork and did my prints. Well today someone mentions that DPS may send me a letter back asking for documents regarding the arrest and conviction.

Now, I could be patient and just find out, but since it's not in my nature I'm hoping that someone here would be able to confirm whether or not I'll need it. I don't know how long it will take to get the paperwork ready once they request it so if it is something I will definitely need I'd prefer to get started on it now.

Thanks for any information.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Class B Misdemeanor and processing question.

Post by Crossfire »

You need to gather up your court documents showing the final disposition of the case. You can trust me on this one. DPS WILL ask for them. The sooner you contact them, the less your CHL processing will be delayed.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Jusster
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusster »

Yeah contact the County Clerks office for the county that you picked up the charge. They should be able to provide you all the paperwork you may need.

Jusster

Topic author
Mr.F
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mr.F »

Thank you, I'll get on the phone in the AM :thumbs2:

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”