Return to Civility or Leave

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Return to Civility or Leave

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I realize that legislative sessions raise emotions and tension levels, but all Members must remember the founding principals on which the Forum was created. I'm not going to state them again because everyone either knows or should know. If you don't, then read Forum Rules.

I don't care who you are, how long you've been a Member, or your post count. If you can't maintain the decorum of the Forum, then don't post. Some Members are known to have a short fuse and they will soon find themselves gone if this warning is ignored. I"m tired of posting polite reminders only to have the same small group of people violating the rules and provoking other Members to do likewise. I've had to stay out of some discussions because I know I couldn't meet the Forum standard on decorum because of my strong beliefs or opinions on the subject. Ridicule a Member or their opinion or make a personal attack and your posts will be summarily deleted and you won't get a PM explaining why. You'll know why. If you then post a complaint on the open Forum, then both you and your post will be deleted. If we have to delete more than a very few of your posts, then you will be taking a vacation from the Forum or you will be permanently banned.

This post will ruffle some feathers and I couldn't care less. The Forum is here for everyone to have rational respectful discussions and to get accurate information; it isn't a place to vent while thumbing one's nose at the Forum Rules.

Oh yeah, I strongly suggest that no one post something like was done in response to the last civility warning; i.e. "be sure to apply this rule equally." It didn't set well then and it won't be tolerated now. Please don't send a PM apologizing or asking if the post is directed to you.

Chas.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Return to Civility or Leave

Post by TVGuy »

This forum is an extremely valuable resource for those of us with CHLs, possibly the most valuable of any out there other than the actual statutes.

I, for one, apologize if a single one of my posts went over the line and/or was considered offensive or even close to hurtful to anyone on the forum. If I did so, it was not my intention. I have strong viewpoints, as do all of us, but I do my best to read before posting and keep an even keel. A respectful disagreement and debate about the facts can often be helpful, but it can also be easy to cross the line on occasion.

I'm making a renewed commitment to set a high bar for civility on the board, I hope we can all do our part to keep this valuable resource as educational and vibrant as possible.

-TVG

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

:thumbs2:

Thank you, Charles.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

Jumping Frog wrote::thumbs2:

Thank you, Charles.
:iagree:

Spot on. Thanks.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

No problemo.
-Ruark

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I'm new here and I don't know the history of what happened, I believe in spirited debate without being mean to one another. I will argue a point like a dog on a bone but I will never attack you or who you are. Unless you're a liberal gun banner, then you get both barrels "rlol"
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Richbirdhunter wrote:I'm new here and I don't know the history of what happened, I believe in spirited debate without being mean to one another. I will argue a point like a dog on a bone but I will never attack you or who you are. Unless you're a liberal gun banner, then you get both barrels "rlol"
I don't know what you mean by "spirited," but it would be a good idea to read the Forum Rules. When I hear people talk about "spirited" debate, it is often a euphemism for sarcasm and condescension. What some consider being "mean" can vary, but the decorum does not bend to one's personal preferences.

Chas.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”