Signature disappeared - Fixed

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 2

Signature disappeared - Fixed

Post by troglodyte »

I went in to change my signature line to the ...support HB560...

Set up the [URL] links, previewed, all looked good, submit.

No signature

Thought I may have gone over the 300 character limit, nope. Thought maybe it didn't like my [URL]s. All looked good. Tried changing text and even defaulting and starting over. Even erased everything and just tried "test". Tried to reset but nothing happens.

Found the "Auto signature" radio button was not clicked????? Clicked it on.

No signature.

I've looked at everything and tried everything that should help but no joy. I logged out and back in just to see if it made a difference.

What am I missing?
Last edited by troglodyte on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Signature disappeared

Post by Skiprr »

Your signature line is showing "test" at the moment.

Not sure what happened. The signature setting under "Profile" in the User Control Panel, as you noted, has a 300 character maximum limit and allows no more than three embedded links (and, of course, our rules don't allow more than four lines). There's a "Preview" option under the signature entry field just as there is under regular Topic replies, and if you exceed either the character or link limits it will tell you about the error so you can correct it without losing anything you've typed.

All I can recommend is to give it another try. I changed mine Saturday and everything worked as expected. If you get any displays of unexpected behavior, a screen capture might help us figure it out. If what you've entered simply won't save, a screen cap won't do any good, of course; but exact times the issue happened might assist the board admin in looking at log files.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Signature disappeared

Post by troglodyte »

Now it is working. Thanks Skiprr. I think you scared it or something.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”