Church Security Sub-forum?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Church Security Sub-forum?

Post by troglodyte » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:01 pm

I put this out for consideration.

Since the change in the law and that I suspect a number of us are involved in providing security at our houses of worship, would there be value in having a sub-forum for "Church Security"?

It might be a nice place to find resources, pass on tips, tricks, and training, and help each other in providing for the Lord's flock.

I'd even volunteer to be a moderator if I was needed and would certainly understand if I wasn't.

Just a thought.
Talon Firearms Training
License To Carry Instructor
School Safety Instructor
NRA Instructor - Basic pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Church Security Sub-forum?

Post by Abraham » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Sounds like a great idea.

While, I'm not a church goer or synagogue goer either for that matter (I'm not Jewish despite my on line name), I want my kindred spirits, if you will, being protected with efficiency.

A sub-forum like this would be a great place to exchange ideas for greater security ideas.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:48 pm

Good idea. I would also like to see this sub-forum
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:07 pm

Here's a strange suggestion - why doesn't someone send a private message to the gentleman who owns this forum and ask him?

flowrie

Post by flowrie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:29 pm

troglodyte wrote:I put this out for consideration.

Since the change in the law and that I suspect a number of us are involved in providing security at our houses of worship, would there be value in having a sub-forum for "Church Security"?

It might be a nice place to find resources, pass on tips, tricks, and training, and help each other in providing for the Lord's flock.

I'd even volunteer to be a moderator if I was needed and would certainly understand if I wasn't.

Just a thought.
Great idea! I think it would be very helpful.
For example, we are about to test a brand of radios for our group. We could give feedback.
Also recommendations on medical training, etc....
NRA Life Member, NGAT Life Member, NTSA Member, Texas Right to Life donor.

flechero

Post by flechero » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:36 pm

I really like the idea but can also see great value in it being a "non-public" subforum... For specific tactics or other strategy type info I'd vote for keeping it off the main page.

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 pm

troglodyte wrote:I put this out for consideration.

Just a thought.
I like this idea. I've actually been considering offering free security consultations to the churches here in town (not that it would be worth anything since I have no accreditation or certification or anything), so a board like that would be a welcome source of knowledge.
flechero wrote:I really like the idea but can also see great value in it being a "non-public" subforum... For specific tactics or other strategy type info I'd vote for keeping it off the main page.
I agree. Keep the tactics to the tacticians and let the enemy figure it out as they go.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Topic author
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

bblhd672 wrote:Here's a strange suggestion - why doesn't someone send a private message to the gentleman who owns this forum and ask him?
Since this sub-forum is titled “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions” I felt my suggestion/question was appropriate. I also felt that discussion would prevent me from bothering the good Mr. Cotton unnecessarily if the idea was not well received.
Talon Firearms Training
School Safety Instructor
NRA Instructor - Basic pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

flechero wrote:I really like the idea but can also see great value in it being a "non-public" subforum... For specific tactics or other strategy type info I'd vote for keeping it off the main page.
:iagree:
NRA Life Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:06 pm

The Moderators are evaluating this request and I'll post the decision. I think a sub-forum on this topic has merit, but our general policy is to avoid adding new sub-forums because it tends to bloat the Forum. We had to combine several a number of years back.

Chas.

Topic author
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:53 pm

If it can’t happen I bet we’ll still get along fine. Thanks for the consideration and, as always, thanks for such a great forum.
Talon Firearms Training
School Safety Instructor

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”