New Forum Features

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: Keith B, Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 12243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: New Forum Features

#16

Post by C-dub » Sat May 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Don’t look at how long I’ve been here or my post count, but what are breadcrumbs?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3075
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: New Forum Features

#17

Post by rotor » Sat May 26, 2018 3:08 pm

The flyover when mouse is over title and first post last post pops up doesn't seem to work well. Seems like it shows ...... a lot. No big deal, just reporting ? bugs.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 24113
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: New Forum Features

#18

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat May 26, 2018 3:17 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 am
I just added an optional style some folks may like. I'm not going to change the default from prosilver permanently, but I have set it to the new style for two or three days so everyone will see it. Each Member can select the style they prefer, but only after I reset the default style. For now, the new style overrides individual member settings.

To change the style:
1. Click the down arrow next to your name.
2. Select User Control Panel.
3 From the tabs across the top, select Board Preferences;
4. From the My board style, select SE Gamer: Light.

Chas.
Using iOS on an iPad Pro, not seeing a “My Board Style” option in the board preferences panel. Also, I’m not seeing a “full width” button anywhere on the page.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: New Forum Features

#19

Post by warnmar10 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:53 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:17 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 am
I just added an optional style some folks may like. I'm not going to change the default from prosilver permanently, but I have set it to the new style for two or three days so everyone will see it. Each Member can select the style they prefer, but only after I reset the default style. For now, the new style overrides individual member settings.

To change the style:
1. Click the down arrow next to your name.
2. Select User Control Panel.
3 From the tabs across the top, select Board Preferences;
4. From the My board style, select SE Gamer: Light.

Chas.
Using iOS on an iPad Pro, not seeing a “My Board Style” option in the board preferences panel. Also, I’m not seeing a “full width” button anywhere on the page.
I don't have it in a browser either.

User avatar

SewTexas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3202
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: San Antonio area

Re: New Forum Features

#20

Post by SewTexas » Sat May 26, 2018 3:59 pm

oooo, I haven't been near my computer all day and I get on here and it's all pretty and stuff. Like she's trying on her party dress.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 24113
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: New Forum Features

#21

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat May 26, 2018 4:06 pm

Another thing..... the text for the user profile link is invisible against that background (see attachment).
EB907003-63AE-4488-A2AA-20A64B8B7C7D.jpeg
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: New Forum Features

#22

Post by warnmar10 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Breadcrumbs are disabled in SE Gamer template. Not sure if the developer did that on purpose or not but edit template: SE_Gamer/template/overall_header.html
On line 106 delete <!--
On lne 110 delete -->
Breadcrumbs will appear and show the way home.
Never mind all that. I installed a fresh/clean copy of 3.2 and clean copy of SE Gamer and breadcrumbs are as they should be even with those lines commended out.
Last edited by warnmar10 on Sat May 26, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: New Forum Features

#23

Post by warnmar10 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:19 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:06 pm
Another thing..... the text for the user profile link is invisible against that background (see attachment).EB907003-63AE-4488-A2AA-20A64B8B7C7D.jpeg
That's because the style is using the user name colors from the board. So Administrators will see their names in dark red, moderators will see theirs in blue or green. Everyone else is black unless you hover over the name then it turns orange.


skeathley
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 am
Location: McKinney, TX
Contact:

Re: New Forum Features

#24

Post by skeathley » Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Mark Forums as Read doesn't stick. Every time I come back, all the titles are glaring red, and I have to reset them.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6206
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: New Forum Features

#25

Post by Pawpaw » Sun May 27, 2018 6:42 pm

skeathley wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm
Mark Forums as Read doesn't stick. Every time I come back, all the titles are glaring red, and I have to reset them.
This has been an issue for me for quite a while. I have to click that link, wait for the pop-up to close, click it again, & wait for that pup-up to clear. Only then will all the threads show clear.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 17236
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: New Forum Features

#26

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Sun May 27, 2018 6:55 pm

skeathley wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm
Mark Forums as Read doesn't stick. Every time I come back, all the titles are glaring red, and I have to reset them.
It seemed to be working for me, so I tested it by marking all forums read, logging out, then logging back in. All thread titles were black.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

4copas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Lake Dallas

Re: New Forum Features

#27

Post by 4copas » Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm

When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?

Image
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
NRA Life Member :patriot: :txflag:

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 17236
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: New Forum Features

#28

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Mon May 28, 2018 10:35 am

4copas wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm
When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?

Image
I don't know why you are getting that warning. The new SSL has been in place for several days.

Chas.
Image


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: New Forum Features

#29

Post by TreyHouston » Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am

Just a note:
I only use this forum on iPhone. When i used to turn my phone sideways, the words would be bigger and easier to read. This is not the case now, the letters are the same size.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

4copas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Lake Dallas

Re: New Forum Features

#30

Post by 4copas » Mon May 28, 2018 11:31 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:35 am
4copas wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm
When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?

Image
I don't know why you are getting that warning. The new SSL has been in place for several days.

Chas.
Thanks Charles, I’m not tech savvy so maybe something on my end. I’m not sure what to do to fix it.
I’ll report back if it stops.
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
NRA Life Member :patriot: :txflag:

Post Reply

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”