anything up with email notifications ?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
92f-fan
Posts in topic: 1

anything up with email notifications ?

Post by 92f-fan »

Ive searched the mail server for any email from
@texaschlforum.com
and find none

I have notifications enabled and some PMs came in today ...

Just looking for what might be going on

carlson1

Re: anything up with email notifications ?

Post by carlson1 »

My notices stopped a month ago at least. I am not for sure what it is.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Not saying this is the issue, but many times your ISP will blacklist an IP or domain when it thinks they are sending SPAM due to the volume of traffic originating from it.

Try sending your ISP tech support an email and ask them to check their blacklist for texaschlforum.com domain traffic and see if they are blocking it. They can add it back to an approved list.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

strogg

Post by strogg »

I noticed that the texaschlforum.com domain doesn't have a SPF record associated with it. It will be useful to have that record added for the mail server that sends forum notifications. This lets the recipients' email providers know that those messages aren't spam.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I have not been getting them for about a month. I just figured it was another Covid situation since everything else that does not work is blamed on Covid. My email is Verizon.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I was getting so many notifications several years ago that I shut that feature off and just check the "notifications" link each time I login. I don't have as many now from this forum, but I still go through 20-50 emails a day total. Only about 2-5/day are kept for some period of time before getting permanently deleted
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jrs_diesel

Post by jrs_diesel »

I am not getting any notifications either. I haven't been active here in a while, and had also forgot my password. Both the Forgot my Password tool, and the contact an Admin didn't do anything at all for me. I tried the password link multiple times, and the contact an admin twice with no success or any emails in my inbox.

I ended up digging out my old laptop that had the password saved in the browser and was able to log in that way. The last email I ever received from @texaschlforum.com was in 2018.
J.R.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”