Finally!!!!!!!!! The Forum is back.

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Finally!!!!!!!!! The Forum is back.

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:07 pm I was afraid the liberal movement to quash the first amendment had taken another victim.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. After what happened to Parler I thought this site might be yet another victim of the "thought police".

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by der Teufel »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:44 am
Lynyrd wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:07 pm I was afraid the liberal movement to quash the first amendment had taken another victim.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. After what happened to Parler I thought this site might be yet another victim of the "thought police".
I had similar thoughts/fears. But, I did read on Reddit about the problems with the software. Glad they got resolved. This forum has been a great source of information for years.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

Well good.

I figured it was down for the count and was able to retrieve one particular post I wanted to save via the Wayback machine.

Clearly need a better back up plan, and I don't know the hosting arrangement but with the fascists in charge now that plan needs to include not only copies of the forum and software but backup server hosting as well.
USAF 1982-2005

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Yeah!!!
I went into withdrawl.
Thanks Charles.
And so much happened, and so much of it was not good.

I was blaming the explosion in Nashville for the outage. Then so many conservative sites went down on January 6th I didn't know what to think.

Yeah we all need to make contingency plans on this liberal takeover of the internet.

stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

YAY!!
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Anyone else having to log in every visit now?
Used to be that login would be sticky and survive closing the browser...

If there's a way to fix that on my end, please let me know. I've whitelisted the site on my side.

Glad to have it back either way...
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:08 pm Anyone else having to log in every visit now?
Used to be that login would be sticky and survive closing the browser...

If there's a way to fix that on my end, please let me know. I've whitelisted the site on my side.

Glad to have it back either way...
I am, but I am sure they are still working all the bugs all worked out.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I'm not having that problem with Firefox.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

Thank you, Charles, for your diligence and determination in providing this forum.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Pawpaw wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 pm I'm not having that problem with Firefox.
Hmmm... I'm on FF and have disabled all blockers for this forum. Enhanced tracking protection also disabled.
If I close the tab, I have to log in again... I don't have to close the browser. Very unusual.
I assume it's a setting on my side if you;re not having this issue. I'm on FF 84.0.2

ETA.... Seems it's related to the URL in my bookmark.
I'm linked directly to "Active Topics". Any time I click that bookmark I am showing as not logged in. If I enter the site at the main forum page, it remembers me and I can click the hamburger menu and then active topics without having to log back in.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:36 pm
Pawpaw wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 pm I'm not having that problem with Firefox.
Hmmm... I'm on FF and have disabled all blockers for this forum. Enhanced tracking protection also disabled.
If I close the tab, I have to log in again... I don't have to close the browser. Very unusual.
I assume it's a setting on my side if you;re not having this issue. I'm on FF 84.0.2

I'm linked directly to "Active Topics". Any time I click that bookmark I am showing as not logged in. If I enter the site at the main forum page, it remembers me and I can click the hamburger menu and then active topics without having to log back in.
That could be it. My bookmark takes me to the main forum page.

I'm running the same version of FF.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Pawpaw wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:42 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:36 pm

That could be it. My bookmark takes me to the main forum page.
Yep. I updated my bookmarked URL. Working like it used to again.. :hurry:

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:36 pm ETA.... Seems it's related to the URL in my bookmark.
I have 'Active Topics' bookmarked as well, and other than logging in the first time I accessed this site this morning I have not needed to re-login.
I'm using Chrome for what that's worth.
--
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rafe »

Jusme wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 am I hate to be a nit-picker, but I noticed, that in Recent Topics, when you open one, it sends you to the last post in the thread. I guess, it's not that big of an issue, but, If you haven't read the OP, you have to scroll back to the top, or even go back a page or two. I don't know if that is just part of the "new" design, a feature, or a glitch.
As I said, it's not a major issue. Glad to "see" everyone again.
Ya know, now that I've played around with it a bit, I actually like that change. I sometimes keep the forum open in the background during the day, and then hop over to it when I take a break. If I'd been keeping up with the posts in a medium-activity topic, clicking on the the last "page" number shown for that topic meant I had to start scanning from the top down to find when the new posts started. And of course clicking on the topic title took me to the top of the first page of any multi-page topic. With the new arrangement, page 1 of a topic is always displayed if there are multiple pages, so I can still click there to begin from the top. But the topic title now taking me to the most recent post is an option I didn't have before, and I think it's looking like a real time-saver.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”