Finally!!!!!!!!! The Forum is back.

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Finally!!!!!!!!! The Forum is back.

Post by OneGun »

I had a nightmare that the reason I was unable to reach the forum all this time was that AWS pulled the plug. Like that ever happens........
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

txtaxman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txtaxman »

I am glad the Forum is back up. I have been checking daily and was concerned that Big Tech struck again.
Lamar County

JRG

Post by JRG »

Glad it is back!!!! I have missed it!

Joe

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Now if I can get the Forum logo to render at the correct size . . . :banghead: Oh well, at least we are back up.

Chas.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:21 am Now if I can get the Forum logo to render at the correct size . . . :banghead: Oh well, at least we are back up.

Chas.
I am very happy the Forum is up and running.
Don't sweat the small things. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ruark »

Glad we're back. Kudos to Robert; thank goodness he wasn't a flaming liberal.

But be careful, we're not out of the woods yet. GoDaddy pull the plug on ARFCOM a few days ago. They're back up running on some European server.
-Ruark

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

I was concerned for you and the forum. Like others I found out about why. Unfortunately that site has a lot of negativity directed this way. I post little, but appreciate the demeanor of the site.
Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

striker55

Post by striker55 »

It's amazing how people come up with theories about why the site was down. I read it was shutdown and believed it, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Say it all the time yet get fooled. I've been a member for 14 years, glad it's back.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Thank you Robert and thank you Charles for your perseverance in bringing back to life the absolutely best forum on the internet. Can Robert get Parler back in operation? LOL
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

wally775

Post by wally775 »

Again, thank you for getting the Forum back. Can't tell you how much I missed
this group.
THANK YOU. :hurry: :thewave

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

Great news! I had almost given up on the site ever coming back up.
Honor Necessity

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rafe »

The Texas Flag logo looks great, even better than before (seemed to be two of them overlapping each other before).

But...

I tend to stay logged-on with the forum up in a browser tab. Now, even after being sure I'm checking-off "stay logged in," I'm getting logged off after a couple of hours' inactivity and have to log in again. Happened three times so far since yesterday. No biggie, but I really like being able to look-and-run...er...as it were.
:mrgreen:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Rafe wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:28 pm The Texas Flag logo looks great, even better than before (seemed to be two of them overlapping each other before).

But...

I tend to stay logged-on with the forum up in a browser tab. Now, even after being sure I'm checking-off "stay logged in," I'm getting logged off after a couple of hours' inactivity and have to log in again. Happened three times so far since yesterday. No biggie, but I really like being able to look-and-run...er...as it were.
I keep mine open in a tab also. It never logs me off. I did check the option to remember me when I logged on. Maybe that is why. I browse using Safari.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:31 pm
Rafe wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:28 pm The Texas Flag logo looks great, even better than before (seemed to be two of them overlapping each other before).

But...

I keep mine open in a tab also. It never logs me off. I did check the option to remember me when I logged on. Maybe that is why. I browse using Safari.
I use Chrome (yeah, I know; but I have some add-ins I regularly use), and always tick "remember me" when I log-on. Interestingly, on my first visit following the restoral of service on the 12th it remembered me and logged me right on. Since then it's logged me off three times. If no one else is seeing this, I'll try manually clearing all forum-related cookies. I mean, it isn't a terrible problem; just inconvenient. This afternoon I checked the boards and posted, left the tab open, finished up a paper I was adding endnotes to, then came back a short while ago to check new posts. Had to log in again.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Quick follow-up. Found the "Manage 'Remember Me' Login Keys" option on my user control panel. Yep; the board is definitely logging me out and every time I log back in it sets a new login key; I attached a screenshot showing the five unique keys set in two days, all for the same machine at the same IP address. I'll do some Googling and experimenting later today, but considering this is a plain-Jane Win 10 system with the latest (as in last Wednesday) updates and that I'm running the latest version of Chrome, I imagine I'm not the only one that may be seeing the...issue. It isn't a problem, but I'm just spoiled and used to being able to jump right on the board without logging in every time.
Attachments
TXCHLforum-login-record_210115.jpg

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”