WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

Post by carlson1 »

It all factory BCM with a 14.5” YHM QD welded barrel. I will let it come with everything in the photos. The flip up sights are Troy iron sights with the front strip having the XS Tritium front sight. The tactical light is Surefire. It has the Eotech (I have the original box) which I believe is 518. The charging handle is the BCM large handle. The rifle has less than 300 rounds down range. It is set to go. $1,550.00 FTF. No trades. I am in south Irving. If interested please email: pastor at fbcirving dot com
54CB32E2-3B8C-4C30-A803-AC60E389A850.jpeg
596E8CB1-2A41-4FD2-8D87-B1F2305844A8.jpeg
4FA1E882-DD69-4CAB-9808-5C52B5462B5D.jpeg

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

Post by Beiruty »

Nice rifle!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Beiruty wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 amNice rifle!
:tiphat:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Whoever buys this rifle, is buying an heirloom quality AR. I have complete BCM barreled uppers on three rifles - a 20” A4, and SBRs in 10.5” (.300 Blk) and 11.5” (5.56 NATO), and their quality simply can’t be beat. Both have cold hammer-forged barrels with chrome lined chambers and bores, and are made of steels equal to or exceeding mil-spec that have been properly proof tested. And that KMR handguard on his carbine is the bomb. I have KMRs on both of my SBR uppers, and about to put one on my 16” upper. BCM’s products are simply top notch, and you can’t go wrong with them.

The particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:
Every BCM® barrel uses the same Independently Certified Mil-Spec 11595E Barrel Steel (CMV) used in the USGI M16 family of rifles. Built to perform in extreme environments, BCM® barrels are stronger and more durable than typical commercial barrels, thanks to high concentrations of carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy.

BCM® barrels also undergo a M197 HPT (High-Pressure Test), commonly referred to as a proof load, rating each barrel for 70,000 psi. This hardening is followed by a MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface, with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 in the current Military-Specification.
In case you didn’t know, maximum allowable pressure for the 5.56 NATO round is 62,366 psi, and these barrels exceed that by nearly 8,000 psi. Your gun is not going to blow up.

Both my 20” and 10.5” barrels are real sweet shooters, and I’m sure that my new 11.5” will be the same. In fact, the 20” A4 rifle is an absolute tack driver.

I thought I would throw this out there for Calrson’s benefit, to help motivate buyers. BCM is a “high end” product, and I just can’t say enough good about them.

Oh, and BTW, I have tritium powered Troy flip up sights, and they are awesome.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I would be interested, however, too many bills to pay for now. Good luck for the new buyer.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SigM4 »

Sent you an email.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Email answered and still for sale.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Email answered and still for sale.

montgomery
Posts in topic: 3

Post by montgomery »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 am Whoever buys this rifle, is buying an heirloom quality AR. I have complete BCM barreled uppers on three rifles - a 20” A4, and SBRs in 10.5” (.300 Blk) and 11.5” (5.56 NATO), and their quality simply can’t be beat. Both have cold hammer-forged barrels with chrome lined chambers and bores, and are made of steels equal to or exceeding mil-spec that have been properly proof tested. And that KMR handguard on his carbine is the bomb. I have KMRs on both of my SBR uppers, and about to put one on my 16” upper. BCM’s products are simply top notch, and you can’t go wrong with them.

The particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:
Every BCM® barrel uses the same Independently Certified Mil-Spec 11595E Barrel Steel (CMV) used in the USGI M16 family of rifles. Built to perform in extreme environments, BCM® barrels are stronger and more durable than typical commercial barrels, thanks to high concentrations of carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy.

BCM® barrels also undergo a M197 HPT (High-Pressure Test), commonly referred to as a proof load, rating each barrel for 70,000 psi. This hardening is followed by a MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface, with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 in the current Military-Specification.
In case you didn’t know, maximum allowable pressure for the 5.56 NATO round is 62,366 psi, and these barrels exceed that by nearly 8,000 psi. Your gun is not going to blow up.

Both my 20” and 10.5” barrels are real sweet shooters, and I’m sure that my new 11.5” will be the same. In fact, the 20” A4 rifle is an absolute tack driver.

I thought I would throw this out there for Calrson’s benefit, to help motivate buyers. BCM is a “high end” product, and I just can’t say enough good about them.

Oh, and BTW, I have tritium powered Troy flip up sights, and they are awesome.
:iagree: After much deliberation, I recently purchased the BCM EAG model - and my sentiments are the same here: I bought this fighting carbine to last for the next three generations.

Interesting info - the Filthy 14 now has over 65,000 rounds through it: http://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-t-ma ... filthy-14/

RIP Pat Rogers and God Bless BCM

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 amThe particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:

Does the gun for sale here have a Bravo Company (BCM) barrel or a Yankee Hill (YHM) barrel?
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

100% solid rifle. Great deal too with all included. Someone needs to get this gun and it will be the Last AR you need.

The Annoyed Man

Grumpy1993 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 amThe particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:

Does the gun for sale here have a Bravo Company (BCM) barrel or a Yankee Hill (YHM) barrel?
An “all factory BCM” would have a BCM barrel. To the best of my knowledge, BCM does not use YHM barrels in their rifles. BCM makes their own. But this one has a 14.5” barrel with a YHM muzzle device welded to it to bring it to the required 16” minimum length. BCM does not, or at least, didn’t used to, sell their rifles direct to the public. The provide a list of distributors on their website, and YHM is one of them. So in all likelihood, this rifle was ordered wholesale from BCM by YHM, without a muzzle device on the barrel. Then YHM welded on one of their quick disconnect flashhider/muzzle brakes, for mounting a suppressor.

If I had to guess, I’d say that the rifle being sold here is this one: http://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/BCM-REC ... 80-790.htm. MSRP is $1500 with a standard A2 birdcage flashhider, but the one for sale here includes the upgraded muzzle device, the EOTech optic (about $450 new), and the Troy BUIS (at least a $200 value by themselves). An A2 flashhider isn’t worth more than about $8, but the YHM suppressor mount/flashhider on this barrel sells for around $90, plus $14 for the thread protector. So, the total value for the full package would come to $2045 or so. Carlson1’s asking price of $1550 is MORE than fair.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

montgomery
Posts in topic: 3

Post by montgomery »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:37 pm
Grumpy1993 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 pm

An “all factory BCM” would have a BCM barrel. To the best of my knowledge, BCM does not use YHM barrels in their rifles. BCM makes their own. But this one has a 14.5” barrel with a YHM muzzle device welded to it to bring it to the required 16” minimum length. BCM does not, or at least, didn’t used to, sell their rifles direct to the public. The provide a list of distributors on their website, and YHM is one of them. So in all likelihood, this rifle was ordered wholesale from BCM by YHM, without a muzzle device on the barrel. Then YHM welded on one of their quick disconnect flashhider/muzzle brakes, for mounting a suppressor.

If I had to guess, I’d say that the rifle being sold here is this one: http://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/BCM-REC ... 80-790.htm. MSRP is $1500 with a standard A2 birdcage flashhider, but the one for sale here includes the upgraded muzzle device, the EOTech optic (about $450 new), and the Troy BUIS (at least a $200 value by themselves). An A2 flashhider isn’t worth more than about $8, but the YHM suppressor mount/flashhider on this barrel sells for around $90, plus $14 for the thread protector. So, the total value for the full package would come to $2045 or so. Carlson1’s asking price of $1550 is MORE than fair.
BCM sells uppers, lowers, complete rifles on their website direct.

The pin and weld job is craftsmanship defined ... and it is located at barrel 6 o'clock and is obvious - that makes grinding out easy if you need to remove muzzle device down the road.

The Annoyed Man

montgomery wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pmBCM sells uppers, lowers, complete rifles on their website direct.

The pin and weld job is craftsmanship defined ... and it is located at barrel 6 o'clock and is obvious - that makes grinding out easy if you need to remove muzzle device down the road.
I know they sell complete uppers. I’ve purchased two of them myself, directly from BCM. But their website says on the Recce-14 product page:
SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS: This product must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Dealer inside the USA. We do not ship to California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York.

You will receive an email with instructions for completing your order.
We will ship to a FFL Dealer of your choice.
Orders not completed within 15 days will be canceled and refunded less 25% restocking.
So yeah, if you are an FFL, they’ll ship you a complete rifle direct. Otherwise, here is a list of their stocking distributors for complete rifles: https://www.bravocompanymfg.com/support ... to_buy.php. I’m pretty sure that Brownells and YHM are also on their list, although I don’t see them mentioned on this page.

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Tam is correct. I had a gunsmith change out the flash hider so it would fit my suppressor. You can’t get much better quality than BCM. To me it is in line with Daniel Defense and such.

Thanks TAM for all of your work on this sale. When it sales I will give you a very very very small fee. :lol:

Return to “Closed Items”