WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

Post by Grumpy1993 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:37 pm
Grumpy1993 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 amThe particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:
Every BCM® barrel uses the same Independently Certified Mil-Spec 11595E Barrel Steel (CMV) used in the USGI M16 family of rifles. Built to perform in extreme environments, BCM® barrels are stronger and more durable than typical commercial barrels, thanks to high concentrations of carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy.

BCM® barrels also undergo a M197 HPT (High-Pressure Test), commonly referred to as a proof load, rating each barrel for 70,000 psi. This hardening is followed by a MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface, with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 in the current Military-Specification.
Does the gun for sale here have a Bravo Company (BCM) barrel or a Yankee Hill (YHM) barrel?
An “all factory BCM” would have a BCM barrel.
I guess I was thrown off by the 14.5” YHM QD welded barrel spec in the ad. Good luck with your sale.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by carlson1 »

BCM barrel with a YHM flashhider.

montgomery
Posts in topic: 3

Post by montgomery »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:51 pm
montgomery wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pmBCM sells uppers, lowers, complete rifles on their website direct.

The pin and weld job is craftsmanship defined ... and it is located at barrel 6 o'clock and is obvious - that makes grinding out easy if you need to remove muzzle device down the road.
I know they sell complete uppers. I’ve purchased two of them myself, directly from BCM. But their website says on the Recce-14 product page:
SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS: This product must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Dealer inside the USA. We do not ship to California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York.

You will receive an email with instructions for completing your order.
We will ship to a FFL Dealer of your choice.
Orders not completed within 15 days will be canceled and refunded less 25% restocking.
So yeah, if you are an FFL, they’ll ship you a complete rifle direct. Otherwise, here is a list of their stocking distributors for complete rifles: https://www.bravocompanymfg.com/support ... to_buy.php. I’m pretty sure that Brownells and YHM are also on their list, although I don’t see them mentioned on this page.
Brownell's is an authorized distributor / dealer, but you still have to ship to a local FFL for 4473 and delivery. BCM sends to my FFL and they charge $20 for the paperwork. YOU do not have to be an FFL to buy direct for from online or from a store out of state. Bought my last one from a gun store in St. Louis that advertised on armslist - shipped it to my FFL. Easy peasy.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

montgomery wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:35 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:51 pm
montgomery wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pmBCM sells uppers, lowers, complete rifles on their website direct.

The pin and weld job is craftsmanship defined ... and it is located at barrel 6 o'clock and is obvious - that makes grinding out easy if you need to remove muzzle device down the road.
I know they sell complete uppers. I’ve purchased two of them myself, directly from BCM. But their website says on the Recce-14 product page:
SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS: This product must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Dealer inside the USA. We do not ship to California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York.

You will receive an email with instructions for completing your order.
We will ship to a FFL Dealer of your choice.
Orders not completed within 15 days will be canceled and refunded less 25% restocking.
So yeah, if you are an FFL, they’ll ship you a complete rifle direct. Otherwise, here is a list of their stocking distributors for complete rifles: https://www.bravocompanymfg.com/support ... to_buy.php. I’m pretty sure that Brownells and YHM are also on their list, although I don’t see them mentioned on this page.
Brownell's is an authorized distributor / dealer, but you still have to ship to a local FFL for 4473 and delivery. BCM sends to my FFL and they charge $20 for the paperwork. YOU do not have to be an FFL to buy direct for from online or from a store out of state. Bought my last one from a gun store in St. Louis that advertised on armslist - shipped it to my FFL. Easy peasy.
Correct. It just sounded like you were saying that you could buy a complete firearm, door to door, without an FFL involved. I was correcting that. I’m sure you know the difference as well as any of us, but other people read these pages....I didn’t want them misinformed.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bumping this for Carlson1.

SOMEbody wants this carbine! You KNOW you do! C'mon now!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cmgee67 »

BUMP

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by carlson1 »

Guys I can’t thank you enough. I had gotten myself in a bid and had to sale. I sold it today.

Return to “Closed Items”