FFL West Houston

FFL's post your location, contact information and transfer fees

Moderator: carlson1

USA1
Posts in topic: 11

Re: FFL West Houston

Post by USA1 »

Vol Texan wrote:We received a transfer from these guys just this past week. About two weeks ago, I found out that my brother-in-law was sending a gift to my daughter. I stopped into the store and told the guys, "when a pink rifle arrives, please call my wife - I'll be out of the country for a few weeks."

Sure enough, it came in, and was smooth as ever. My wife had nothing but praise for how well it went. The guys in this store have top notch service and professionalism.
We aim to please. :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

mot7981
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mot7981 »

These guys are the best. I'm happy to say I've done several xfers over the past few years and it's always a great experience. I recently purchased an item while on vacation and they held it for me in the safe till I was able to swing by and pick it up. Jaime and Maurice always keep you informed and understand that superior customer service still has a place in the world. I promise that if you do business with this shop, you'll be glad you did. Keep up the good work DefCon and thanks as usual.

smittyM&P9c
Posts in topic: 1

Post by smittyM&P9c »

Another happy customer here! I used Jaime for a transfer and everything was smooth and easy, and the price can't be beat. Also, if you're shopping around for something specific see if they can get it for you. The prices are reasonable and the service is top notch.

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

Just recently handled another transfer with the boys at Defensive & Concealed and this time I was in a bit of a hurry. I didn't have time to chat with the staff like I usually do so they got me in and out super fast. Same fantastic service, just quicker. So they've got you covered either way. And they were just as friendly and professional as ever. Jaime, Maurice, etc. have the customer service thing down cold. Plus the discount transfer if you're an ACTIVE forum member. Keep up the great work guys and I'll see you again soon.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Vol Texan »

You could read the short thread below, and never know it was Jaime and the guys at DefCon who are offering to help. They deserve the recognition, however!

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69065#p853785

I've been to a few local gun stores in Houston where they look down upon you if you don't 'know as much as them' about a particular topic. DefCon is NOT one of those places, and they welcome the opportunity to help you out anytime they can.

If you live in west Houston, and you've not been in to see these guys, you're missing out.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

TXRuger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TXRuger »

I just placed an order with Bud’s Gun Shop using your FFL for the transfer, Firearm Model: Taurus TCP 738 model # 1738039. I ordered several guns from Bud’s through your store before and I was very pleased with your customer service. So this time I also ordered the gun through you. I've sent an email to you to inform you of this order. Thanks!

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Vol Texan »

Cross-posting here for the record:

/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69482#p860126
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

Just did another xfer with the boys and nothing new to report here. Just the same great customer service I've come to expect from the team at D&CG. If you're on the west side of Houston you really need to check these guys out. Thanks to Jaime and the gang and I know they'll keep up the awesome work.

Stupid
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Stupid »

I called and was told $30 no discount. :-(
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Stupid wrote:I called and was told $30 no discount. :-(
That's too bad that they have gone up so much on their transfer pricing and no longer offer a CHL discount.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

TXRuger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TXRuger »

Lumberjack98 wrote:
Stupid wrote:I called and was told $30 no discount. :-(
That's too bad that they have gone up so much on their transfer pricing and no longer offer a CHL discount.
Right, I purchased 2 guns from the online stores before using their FFL and I was charged $20/transfer. Recently, I ordered a handgun from Bud's in 10/13 also with their FFL and was charged $30 with no discount for forum members.

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

I've Done business with these guys since they opened and I have never had had anything but a fantastic experience with them. They are extremely prompt with notifications, very helpful, courteous and professional. If you're in a hurry and don't have time to visit, they can be really fast as well. Every time it's the same great service which I sometime take for granted till I go in to some other establishments. I like to save money as much as the next guy but if you're spending $400 - $1000 and more, are you really worried about $5-$10 more on the transfer? You may save a few $$ going somewhere else but you will never have a better service experience. To each his own but I'll stick with DefCon. Thanks guys.

Topic author
Jrangel
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jrangel »

Hi,

We moved. Our new address:

2890 W Sam Houston Pkwy S Ste A15
Houston, TX 77042

*** Discount for Forum members back ***

Regards,
"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack." - Yoda

apostate

Post by apostate »

I didn't​ really need a Shield but at current prices plus rebate, I couldn't resist.

Anyhow, I ordered from PSA and did the transfer through DefCon guns. Jaime is friendly and professional. Everything went smoothly. He called when it arrived and I picked it up after work today. I live and work inside the loop, and would use DefCon again for transfers.

And like he says, the discount is back if you're an established member here. :thumbs2:

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Jrangel wrote:Hi,

We moved. Our new address:

2890 W Sam Houston Pkwy S Ste A15
Houston, TX 77042

*** Discount for Forum members back ***

Regards,
PICKED UP MY NEW SHIELD 45 TODAY FROM THIS GUY! VERY NICE! Small shop and 1v1 attention. I will be using him for now on!

Thanks Jaime! :cool:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “FFL Holders”