Stoeger ST9 9mm Pistol - Anyone tried one?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Stoeger ST9 9mm Pistol - Anyone tried one?

Post by puma guy »

Anyone out there have any experience with the Stoeger STR9 pistols? They haven't been out long but Hickok45 gave the 9C compact version a pretty positive review. I'm considering getting one for one of my daughters. 3+1 capacity and seems to be similar to S&W M&P and Glocks. They are Turkish made by an old company that Stoeger heads now owned by the Beretta company. The same company that makes Stoeger shotguns. Interestingly the company was the first in Turkey to make a semi-auto shotgun. Haven't seen one in my local gun shop yet. I was supposed to attend the Ft Worth gunshow today, but plans changed so I'm reaching out here. There's a rebate offer right now.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

AdioSS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stoeger ST9 9mm Pistol - Anyone tried one?

Post by AdioSS »

I shot a few mags through one. It worked like it should but there wasn’t anything special about it.
When it was first introduced there was some speculation that it might be Stoeger’s version of Beretta’s APX, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

I have a ST9C and really like it. Good quality for the price.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

AdioSS wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:40 pm I shot a few mags through one. It worked like it should but there wasn’t anything special about it.
When it was first introduced there was some speculation that it might be Stoeger’s version of Beretta’s APX, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Keith B wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:57 pm I have a ST9C and really like it. Good quality for the price.
Thanks for the responses. As it turned out I was able to go to the Fort Worth gun show, but no one had these pistols. At $189 after the $50 rebate for a 13+1 optics ready 9mm ($149 with no optics slide), I decided to take a chance on the STR9C and ordered one. I picked up a really nice 742 Remington semi-auto rifle topped with a Leupold VXII 3-9X50 for a really good price from an individual seller at the gun show.

I forgot to mention the gun show at the Amon G Carter Exhibit Hall was posted 30.06 and 30.07. I don't know if it's owned by the city or not. I did a quick search and couldn't discern if it's government owned.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”