Good Article on the AR-15

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 2

Good Article on the AR-15

Post by howdy »

"The AR-15 - in many respects - is no different in terms of capabilities than many other civilian firearms, yet because of its appearance it is erroneously described as a "weapon of war."

The term was introduced by gun control advocates to confuse the matter."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... d279&ei=21
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Rafe
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Good Article on the AR-15

Post by Rafe »

I have the real facts straight from the brilliant, wise, and highly-informed Sheila Jackson Lee! An AR-15 weighs as much as 10 full moving boxes and fires huge .50 caliber bullets!

Man; I am so glad that our lawmakers understand what they're legislating.

:banghead:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Rafe wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:48 pm I have the real facts straight from the brilliant, wise, and highly-informed Sheila Jackson Lee! An AR-15 weighs as much as 10 full moving boxes and fires huge .50 caliber bullets!

Man; I am so glad that our lawmakers understand what they're legislating.

:banghead:
I got a bunch of ammo cans with the wrong bullets.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

anygunanywhere wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:06 pm I got a bunch of ammo cans with the wrong bullets.
I know what you mean. I have a friend that has a Barrett .50 BMG and when he invited me to shoot it I very helpfully brought along a hundred rounds of the ammo I use in my AR-15. For some reason, he wasn't amused. Also for some reason, he fell into an Australian accent, held up a cartridge he'd brought, and said, "That's not a bullet. This is a bullet."

But, Sheila always knows best. And she'll be the next mayor of Houston!

BTW, I wonder how many violent crimes are committed with a .50 BMG. Gotta be tens of thousands, right?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Rafe wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:26 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:06 pm I got a bunch of ammo cans with the wrong bullets.
I know what you mean. I have a friend that has a Barrett .50 BMG and when he invited me to shoot it I very helpfully brought along a hundred rounds of the ammo I use in my AR-15. For some reason, he wasn't amused. Also for some reason, he fell into an Australian accent, held up a cartridge he'd brought, and said, "That's not a bullet. This is a bullet."

But, Sheila always knows best. And she'll be the next mayor of Houston!

BTW, I wonder how many violent crimes are committed with a .50 BMG. Gotta be tens of thousands, right?
:rolll
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Chemist45 »

Here is an actual video of the damage a single round from an AR-15 does to a ballistic dummy.

Topic author
howdy

Post by howdy »

Hard to believe that Sheila Jackson Lee will probably be the next Mayor of Houston.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Chemist45 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:23 pm Here is an actual video of the damage a single round from an AR-15 does to a ballistic dummy.
Yep. The massively powerful AR-15 will blow your lungs right out of your body.

That video is proof positive that we need an outright ban on all ballistic dummies...like Sheila Jackson Lee, Joe Biden, Diane Feinstein, Steven Dettelbach, and on and on.
howdy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:44 pm Hard to believe that Sheila Jackson Lee will probably be the next Mayor of Houston.
I think it'll happen. And I think I'll start looking at places in surrounding counties.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:39 am
Chemist45 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:23 pm Here is an actual video of the damage a single round from an AR-15 does to a ballistic dummy.
Yep. The massively powerful AR-15 will blow your lungs right out of your body.

That video is proof positive that we need an outright ban on all ballistic dummies...like Sheila Jackson Lee, Joe Biden, Diane Feinstein, Steven Dettelbach, and on and on.
howdy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:44 pm Hard to believe that Sheila Jackson Lee will probably be the next Mayor of Houston.
I think it'll happen. And I think I'll start looking at places in surrounding counties.
Nope. It's the 9mm that bows your lungs out.
we need an outright ban on all ballistic dummies...like Sheila Jackson Lee, Joe Biden, Diane Feinstein, Steven Dettelbach, and on and on.
"rlol" I agree wholeheartedly on that
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”