Bersa 380

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mwadibe
Posts in topic: 3

Bersa 380

Post by mwadibe »

My friend and I this summer are going to get our CHL. Right now the only pistol i have is a S&W M&P 9mm full size, i like the pistol a lot but i doubt i would carry it on me. I was wondering if anyone uses a Bersa Thunder. i have heard only good things about them and was just wondering what you all think. i like to carry for comfort and compactness. i am left handed i do not know if that will affect anything about the pistol other than the de-cocker. thank you very much

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bersa 380

Post by Lumberjack98 »

I carry a Bersa Thunder 380 most of the time. It is heavy for it's size, but I like that about it. You can find similar size and even smaller 9mm pistols as well, so it just depends on what you're looking for.

For the price, I think it's one of the great deals for a cc pistol.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
mwadibe

Post by mwadibe »

how do you feel about the .380 as a self defense round? after going to the site for Bersa i saw that they have a conceal carry 9mm, but i would think that one would be hard to find.

Thanks

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lumberjack98 »

There is a lot of debate on the 380. I am comfortable with it and now use Hornady's new Critical Defense round. There are a few good 380 rounds out there. Shot placement is first priority.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Jake
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jake »

I carry a Glock 19, but purchased a Bersa 380 last Saturday. Every review that I've read is positive. I haven't been to the range yet as I am waiting on the Corbon DPX ammo that I ordered from Ammotogo.

Topic author
mwadibe

Post by mwadibe »

Let me know how it goes.

Syntax360

Post by Syntax360 »

I carry one with some regularity... Great little gun and not as snappy as other .380s I've shot. Thin, just about perfect weight, and utterly reliable to date. What more could I ask for from a $195 OTD gun? :fire

mr.72

Post by mr.72 »

I'd like to see where you can get one for $195 out the door. More like $275 + tax or FFL fee. Academy has it for $279. Still a bargain. But once you are in that size, weight class and spending $300 then many options open up, and many in 9mm. Even if you pay more for a 9mm upfront you will make that money back in the difference in practice ammo cost. With the abundance of subcompact 9mm pistols in the $300-400 price range I can't see any compelling reason to buy anything in this size range in a .380. Maybe a P3AT, LCP, or Kahr P380 are worth getting in .380.
non-conformist CHL holder

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

mr.72 wrote:I'd like to see where you can get one for $195 out the door.
:iagree:

I paid $269 for one that wound up going to my wife and I'd like to pick one up for myself...

Please share!
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

tbranch

Post by tbranch »

I carry at least one 380 all the time. My daily carry is a Ruger LCP in a DeSantis EZ Rider. I have a Bersa Thunder 380CC in a holster under my dash. I also have a Walther PPK-S that sits in the safe most of the time.

The LCP is flawless every time regardless of ammo.

The Bersa CC is okay, but I tend to limp-wrist it causing an FTF from time-to-time.

The PPK-S have been flawless since I added Pachmayr grips. See Bersa comments above.

Is the 380 Auto the ideal self-defense round? Nope. But a 380 in my pocket is far better than a 45 in the car.

Tom

zbordas

Post by zbordas »

The Bersa 380 is ideal for IWB or OWB carry even with light clothing while carring it in pocket might be uncomfortable.

Mine was flawless after passing the 250 rounds break-in and never had any problems since.

You can check BersaTalk for more information: http://bersatalk.com/forums/11/ShowForum.aspx

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”