Has there ever been an open carry demonstration?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

lonewolf
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Has there ever been an open carry demonstration?

Post by lonewolf »

I am making a leap here, but based on most of the posts I have seen in here, it appears that most of us are pretty level-headed, even-keeled, and thoughtful people. Even a little ironically, satirically humorous people. It is certainly not the thought of folks like us getting together for a little demonstration that is troublesome. Its the possibility, nay, the probability that there are those that would show up and not be able to represent us in the manner inwhich we would like to be represented.

The news would be all over it......and it would most likely not be a pretty picture......

When you look at a car on a lot, you look at it to find the faults. It may have the most reliable engine in the world, all the accessories work very well, clean and nice interior, but that big scratch you see on the outside is an eyesore. The news these days doesn't dig for the whole story, they just report on the obvious stuff that gets their attention, then they beat it to death publicly. They wouldn't focus on the person dressed well with a well-maintained weapon slung on his shoulder, they would zero in on "Big-Mouth Goober", with his multiple weapons and bandoliers of ammo slung over his shoulders, just above the tattoo that says, "I luv mayhem". He would be standing alone because he smells badly, and all the rest gravitate away from him. Easy pickings for the press.

My hero!!

IMHO, of course..... :tiphat:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

age_ranger wrote:With the recent appearance of that guy carryin gan AR at that political venue I was wondering if an open carry demonstration with long guns might be benificial in some way to shed a positive light on gun ownership.
The Lamestream Media used doctored footage of that very same guy to promote lies about the allegedly racist intentions of people at town hall meetings. The unedited video of that very same event, of that very same guy (filmed by Fox News) shows that the guy with the AR15 on his back is African American! Some racist, huh?

The point of this is that, if 1,000 people show up at an long gun open carry rally with ARs strapped to their backs, the Lamestream Media is going to focus entirely on the 3 guys with the bubba teeth, scruffy appearance, loud bad attitudes, waving the (shudder!!) Confederate flag. It won't matter that the other 997 are clean cut, polite, and well spoken. It won't matter that their racial demographics will mirror the national numbers. It won't matter that their socio-economic status in life mirrors the nation. The news footage that will air across the state and the country will be of the one that the Media pushes to influence fence sitters into thinking that the three unrepentant rebel bubbas represent the stereotype rather than the exception — and that stereotype is of a bunch of racist, teabagging rednecks.

That is how the media plays the game, because they, for the most part, have their noses and lips firmly affixed to the hindparts of those who want to take your guns away. They own the broadcast networks and the printing presses. So, in that light, can you see how an open carry demonstration with long guns will probably do more harm than good to the exercise of your rights? IMHO, the most constructive thing to do is to vote wisely, carry your long gun (discreetly) when you need to, and just go about your business.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

one eyed fatman
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by one eyed fatman »

Charles Cotton
There are a lot of people in Texas urban areas that have no idea that it's legal to carry long guns without a CHL. Their ignorance on this subject could be working to our advantage.
Not sure where you came up with that one. :???: A good share of those people probably don't even know what a CHL is to begin with. Most of them simple won't carry a long gun because they don't want to have a run in with the law.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

one eyed fatman wrote:
Charles Cotton
There are a lot of people in Texas urban areas that have no idea that it's legal to carry long guns without a CHL. Their ignorance on this subject could be working to our advantage.
Not sure where you came up with that one. :???:
59 years living in and around Houston and talking to people about guns; answering inquiries as an attorney for people who are shocked to hear Texas law allows the carrying of long guns; plus 30 years of being an advocate for gun owners. :???: :???:

Chas.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Well, Annoyed, it sounds like you and I are on the exact same page.

shootthesheet

Post by shootthesheet »

The new media showed MSNBC as the propagandist and liars they are so we actually won that round. We are increasing our numbers because we are not all in ties and dress pants. It is the substance and not flash of people that matters. If we are all in ties and white shirts the media will say that is the uniform of the “New Racist Conservative Army” or something. We should represent well but the truth is, as the Republicans have not yet learned, it doesn’t matter what we do the media types are going to show us in the worst light they can. We cannot win where the “Establishment Media” is concerned and it is time we stop trying. It is a waste of time.

Our message is the truth and that truth can be conveyed to people better if we simply talk to them as the people we are. If I am wearing a suit and tie I will not have any influence on most people around here. Same if I put on Biker Leather and cover myself in tats. That is my world and we each must live in our own diverse existence. All included as long as they agree that we have a God given (natural) right to keep and bear arms and exercise our rights freely as long as we are considerate of others rights. So, if we are going to protest we should wear our best Leather or tie or jeans and boots or whatever. We should show total control and restraint and represent well. But doing so that we don’t look like a modern incarnation of Nazi Brown Shirts. Each to his own for a single goal of restoring the full freedoms of the American People. That is my opinion.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”