Guns & Ammo article charting the gun sale chaos

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Guns & Ammo article charting the gun sale chaos

Post by OldCannon »

Nice article that visually shows how consumer demand is affecting manufacturers.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/01/30/i ... try-chaos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Wodathunkit

Re: Guns & Ammo article charting the gun sale chaos

Post by Wodathunkit »

Wow, thanks for sharing :tiphat:
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gregthehand »

This is really odd to me. The reason being that I am on hold with GT Distributors right now and have been for about twenty minutes. I spoke with a distributor here in Houston before calling GT about Sigs and he said when he looks at his distributors it's "all zeroes as nobody has anything". But I look at this chart and see less than a 5 point increase in demand for "Glock, Sig Sauer, and S&W Pistols" since June. Since November when I could have gotten all three very easily it shows virtually no increase in demand. Yet I'm calling around and being told nobody has any and that I can't even order one and get in line to purchase or pay for one in advance. I've been told this by two FFLs now. We'll see what GT says as it will be under the LEO/Military program. I don't know if that helps or not.

The models I'm looking for aren't all that common either so I was hoping they would be easier to source. A Sig 226 .40 S&W Elite, and Glock 20SF, and a S&W M&P in .45 ACP with the 4.5" barrel.

I don't see how this chart can be accurate as far as the "Glock, Sig Sauer, and S&W Pistols" demand when everywhere I call is out of stock out with not even a lead time on replenishment of stock.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

ryouiki

Post by ryouiki »

gregthehand wrote:I don't see how this chart can be accurate as far as the "Glock, Sig Sauer, and S&W Pistols" demand when everywhere I call is out of stock out with not even a lead time on replenishment of stock.
I can't seem to locate the thread at the moment, but there was a post in one of the other sections regarding the shortages... at any rate the statement/rumor/etc. was that Sig has shifted the majority of their production to EBR's trying to keep up with demand.

If so then even if demand for their pistols hasn't spiked significantly, the number in production would be dropping, and thus lack of availability.
NRA Lifetime Member

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gregthehand »

ryouiki wrote:
gregthehand wrote:I don't see how this chart can be accurate as far as the "Glock, Sig Sauer, and S&W Pistols" demand when everywhere I call is out of stock out with not even a lead time on replenishment of stock.
I can't seem to locate the thread at the moment, but there was a post in one of the other sections regarding the shortages... at any rate the statement/rumor/etc. was that Sig has shifted the majority of their production to EBR's trying to keep up with demand.

If so then even if demand for their pistols hasn't spiked significantly, the number in production would be dropping, and thus lack of availability.
I guess that's a possibility. However I can't imagine Sig re-tooling their pistol line to accommodate the rifle business. It seems that going back and fourth would be very labor intensive. Anything's possible though. :roll:

That wouldn't explain Glock though..... :confused5
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

Academy in Webster or SoHo had M&Ps in the longer bbls in .45 and .40. They also had compacts. This was about 1 week ago I think. Marburger in Seabrook had Glock21Gen 4, Glock 21 Gen 3 RTF, and one other Gen 3 that I don't recollect about 3 weeks ago. I would imagine those have moved by now, but they have possibly been replaced also if there really isn't a huge demand spike for handguns. Academy had some Sigs but I didn't pay attention to which models.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”