Houston area people RE: Hurricane Rita

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

All of my kids and grand kids made it here. Son-in-law is LEO in Pearland and had to stay. Spoke with him this morning and all is well. By the way, he asked if I new the differance between Lousiana looters and Texas looters. I had to ask. He said in Texas they are not called looters, they are targets.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

isa268

Post by isa268 »

Well I’m kinda late getting in on this thread cause I took the computer down just in case. but I rode it out in Pearland, mostly cause I’d rather be stuck in my house during a cat 3 then out on I-45...looks like I made the right decision. no real damage to speak of here and no flooding. Houston missed the worst of it this time.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dws1117 »

We made it through in pretty good shape and the Smith family is are all safe. Lost power at 2:00am Saturday. Still no power, but a neighbor spoke to a centerpoint crew and power is expected to be restored by late this afternoon. No house or property damage. If all I lost was a little bit of food in the fridge and freezer that I am indeed fortunate

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

We're good...

We left Wednesday at about 2pm...Traffic was bad till we got to Huntsville and headed up to our place up in Quitman...

We got back Sunday/Monday morning at about 2am...

Zero damage...

The trip was uneventful, even with the some of the worst drivers on the road at the time...

Boads well to be prepared, have a plan, and a backup to that plan, get some supplies and certified copies of important ID's, certifications, licenses, insurance papers, and other sundry paperwork somewhere else than your home of record...

Don't get caught up in "stuff" to take with you, just get the steps you need to take checked off and press to the goal of evacuation of people, pets etc etc...Then git on it...

We were blessed to have a place to go, and pre-store some of these things away from the target area...So all we did was load up (literally :lol: ) and haul-asterix...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”