Houston LGS recommendations

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

winters
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Houston LGS recommendations

Post by winters »

None of the caters country stores are worth even looking up the address. Collectors is fine if your looking for rare and yes their prices are high, But sometimes they will go down if you ask. I made the mistake of asking for a lower price at carters…

I like academy,collectors, or my first pick is gun shows. Marburgers is actually pretty decent.

BobCat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BobCat »

Don't know what Carter's is like these days, but years ago they matched a gun show price on a Ruger Vaquero and I bought it. Can't hurt to ask, "Is that your best price?" - worst they can say is "Yes."
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

winters
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by winters »

BobCat wrote:Don't know what Carter's is like these days, but years ago they matched a gun show price on a Ruger Vaquero and I bought it. Can't hurt to ask, "Is that your best price?" - worst they can say is "Yes."
Just look at their online reviews. they have plenty of negative ones. They are nice if you just want to look around without touching and don't need help from a salesmen.lol

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vol Texan »

WildBill wrote:
USA1 wrote:
joe817 wrote:Our own USA1 works at a gun store(or did at one time) in Tomball. He said many a time they have great prices. I wish I could think of the name of the gun store.

I sure do miss that guy. He's been MIA for a long time. :cryin
I'm alive and well here at DefCon Guns in west Houston. :cheers2:
:hurry: Good to hear from you!
Well, everyone, I can't say enough good things about the guys at Defensive and Concealed Handguns (or DefCon Guns as USA1 calls it). I've done business with them often over the past few years, and their service is second to none. Sure, if I can find something MUCH cheaper at a big box store, I'll do so; but if the price is even close, (give or take 10-20%), then I'd gladly buy from this store instead.

I encourage anyone out on the west side of Houston to give them a look-see. You won't be disappointed at all.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”