Question on Shipping a gun within the state of texas...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Embalmo
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Question on Shipping a gun within the state of texas...

Post by Embalmo »

Like so many aspects of gun handling, it's often best to know when to keep one's mouth shut. There are so many idealist here that don't yet realize that. Folks get a gun, and then a CHL and they want to shout to the world what's supposed to be legal and they go around to businesses pointing out when their 30.06 signs are wrong and they shout that there's a gun in their package at FedEx; and my personal favorite, "Can I bring a gun in here?" Find out the rules and avoid the "G" word as much as possible and life with that little secret thing in your pocket will be much easier-I promise you that.

It's always a bad idea to ship a gun through the US post office. A really good rule of thumb is avoid anything having to do with the federal government when dealing with guns. Leave idealism at the door and talk to an expert, like the receiving FFL who ships guns for a living; he'll know how to make it happen much more than folks posting on Internet forums.

Embalmo
Husband and wife CHL team since 2009

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Question on Shipping a gun within the state of texas...

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

poppo wrote:
In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm....
As I filled out the on-line shipping form, I said in a very loud voice - 'It's a firearm'. I received no objection, and so I printed the label. :lol:
That is a situation I have wondered about. First, they tell you not to write anything on the box about it being a firearm. Then they say to notify the shipper it is a firearm. OK then... yep... I told them. Honestly, even if you tell them they could forget you told them. The whole deal is goofy.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”