Keltec sub2000

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Keltec sub2000

Post by jmra »

Anyone have experience with this firearm? I picked up a .40 cal that takes the Glock magazines. It’s never been fired and I only have about $150 into it (saw them at the Dallas Market Hall gun show yesterday for $700 🙄).

Just curious about reliability and accuracy. I’ve moved from .40 cal to 9mm on most of my handguns and figured this would be a good application for the many rounds of .40 cal I’ve accumulated of the years.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jason812

Re: Keltec sub2000

Post by jason812 »

I use to want one for a backpack gun but went another direction. From what I have researched they are decent little rifles and that was a smoking deal. One other reason I never got one is because I couldn't find a .40 that took Glock mags. I don't have a Glock but their magazines are the most available but I do have 3 .40 cal pistols and no 9mm.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

howdy

Re: Keltec sub2000

Post by howdy »

I have one in 9mm using Glock 17 mags. Glock has 30 round magazines and the gun functions flawlessly. It is accurate out to self defense distances and I have never had a FTF or misfire. I carry it in a laptop computer bag and no one has any idea what is in there. I take it into hotels and use it as a travel gun. It is lightweight and easy to carry around my property in Somerville.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”