ND Saturday at Gun Show in Ft. Worth

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

ND Saturday at Gun Show in Ft. Worth

Post by rtschl »

Not much information about what happened, but a "projectile ricocheted and struck a woman’s foot". Article states police not sure of caliber or if person who fired shot stayed. :banghead:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 96183.html
Ron
NRA Member

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ND Saturday at Gun Show in Ft. Worth

Post by Blackhorse1 »

I open carry at all texas gun shows. No magazine though because I'm trying to buy magazines that fit my 1911. No bullets or magazines coming in is all they ask. Also slide is zip tied. Never have been stopped for open carry at a gun show as chris Webber said.(what law is that?) A cop checks it and says,have a nice day, and I do.😎
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I was there, carried concealed, nothing happened while I was there, I did buy me a new gun belt
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I know a young man who witnessed this. He called me yesterday and he said it scared him to death.

I haven’t been nor do I go to gun shows, but I thought guns were zip tied and made safe. I guess not.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I went to quite a few gun shows at the Will Rogers when I lived in Ft. Worth some years back. Never had any issues and I spent some hours in that place. Also been to a few gun shows in other locations, never had any bit of trouble or saw any trouble at any of them. Yes, I know, anecdotal...but then again, I don't see a lot of news stories about problems at gun shows...and we all know how the mass news media thinks gun shows are free-for-alls. One bad incident, sorry someone got hurt, glad no one was killed. I hope they catch the person responsible, but highly unlikely, I know.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I'm curious, why anyone was handling a loaded firearm in the first place?

If it was for sale/display, it should have been unloaded.
If it was for self defense, it should have remained holstered.

Hope there is more information as to how this happened.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I had one experience with a loaded gun at a gun show in Houston several years ago. Guy at a table selling all used guns, I picked up a little 22 revolver and opened the cylinder to check it out. Sure enough fully loaded. The guy was super embarrassed and surprised. I walked away and reported him.

DEB

Post by DEB »

I am probably going to say this improperly, but the more people who are carrying, the more negligent discharges will occur. This just due to the law of averages catching up. I don't want to see or hear of this occurring, but it will happen. Much like when one deploys in the Military, when on patrol or movement or in defensive perimeters, negligent discharges occur. One does all one can to make sure it doesn't happen, but with millions carrying, it will happen. The military and L.E. have it happen pretty frequently, maybe not with your unit, but looking from the outside in, pretty frequently. Much like what is happening with L.E. now. There are several questionable shootings in cities and states far from you, but with the internet it seems to be happening all of the time, not taking into account, how many cities there are that have Law Enforcement. Compare our L.E. to Mexico, Brazil, and etc, we are really pretty good overall. Same as these negligent/accidental discharges, folks that are antigun will put it all together for the masses, and it seems like it is happening all around you. In my opinion, we as civilian carriers, actually have these negligent/accidental discharges far less than the Military and L.E. I did say I would probably say this improperly or not fully, I blame my brain for the ability to see images and the inability to put it into wording all can quickly understand, LOL. Take care and watch your six, insure you don't increase the numbers...Carry often and talk your neighbors into also carrying often.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

DEB wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:42 am I am probably going to say this improperly, but the more people who are carrying, the more negligent discharges will occur. This just due to the law of averages catching up. I don't want to see or hear of this occurring, but it will happen. Much like when one deploys in the Military, when on patrol or movement or in defensive perimeters, negligent discharges occur. One does all one can to make sure it doesn't happen, but with millions carrying, it will happen. The military and L.E. have it happen pretty frequently, maybe not with your unit, but looking from the outside in, pretty frequently. Much like what is happening with L.E. now. There are several questionable shootings in cities and states far from you, but with the internet it seems to be happening all of the time, not taking into account, how many cities there are that have Law Enforcement. Compare our L.E. to Mexico, Brazil, and etc, we are really pretty good overall. Same as these negligent/accidental discharges, folks that are antigun will put it all together for the masses, and it seems like it is happening all around you. In my opinion, we as civilian carriers, actually have these negligent/accidental discharges far less than the Military and L.E. I did say I would probably say this improperly or not fully, I blame my brain for the ability to see images and the inability to put it into wording all can quickly understand, LOL. Take care and watch your six, insure you don't increase the numbers...Carry often and talk your neighbors into also carrying often.
Don't worry, as far as I'm concerned, you said that just fine and it made good sense.

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

carlson1 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:26 pm I haven’t been nor do I go to gun shows, but I thought guns were zip tied and made safe. I guess not.
Every gun-show ND I've heard about, it always seems to have been a dealer.

I said "seems", before anyone gets their panties in a twist.

Topic author
rtschl

Post by rtschl »

AndyC1911 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:51 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:26 pm I haven’t been nor do I go to gun shows, but I thought guns were zip tied and made safe. I guess not.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner:

The vendor who displayed the loaded gun that resulted in a woman being shot in the foot at a Fort Worth gun show will not be allowed to participate in future gun shows, according to the city of Fort Worth.

On Saturday, an attendee at a gun show at the Will Rogers Memorial Center picked up a gun that was on display at a vendor’s booth. The person pointed it at the ground while pulling the trigger. A bullet was in the chamber and it ricocheted off the floor and hit a woman in the foot.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 33643.html

Should have been at least three checks to clear it before ND. The person looking at the gun should have cleared it but maybe a newbie and uneducated and doesn't know the gun safety rules. But the vendor should have cleared it before bringing it to the show and checked again before handing it to the person.
Ron
NRA Member

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

rtschl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:45 am
AndyC1911 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:51 pm

Winner, winner, chicken dinner:

The vendor who displayed the loaded gun that resulted in a woman being shot in the foot at a Fort Worth gun show will not be allowed to participate in future gun shows, according to the city of Fort Worth.

On Saturday, an attendee at a gun show at the Will Rogers Memorial Center picked up a gun that was on display at a vendor’s booth. The person pointed it at the ground while pulling the trigger. A bullet was in the chamber and it ricocheted off the floor and hit a woman in the foot.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 33643.html

Should have been at least three checks to clear it before ND. The person looking at the gun should have cleared it but maybe a newbie and uneducated and doesn't know the gun safety rules. But the vendor should have cleared it before bringing it to the show and checked again before handing it to the person.
I figured it was a negligent vendor. Few years ago my son in law and I were at gun show in Round Rock. Shortly after we left a loaded firearm on a vendor table was discharged. No one injured but Round Rock no longer allows gun shows at the venue.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”