Any links debunking "blood in the streets" post CC??

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Any links debunking "blood in the streets" post CC??

Post by BigGuy »

Vol Texan wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:09 pm In short, don’t prepare for conversations with the ‘other side’. Instead prepare for conversations with folks who are either ‘on our side but wavering in their understanding’ or with folks who are ‘not sure where the stand because they don’t know enough to make a good decision just yet.’
:iagree: Sound advice. We're not going to convince the other side anyway.

Topic author
flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Jusme wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:56 am Just spit balling here, but why does your dad need to justify CC, to anyone? Those same people predicted shoot outs at high noon, blood, in the streets, etc, when the Concealed Carry law was passed, when Open Carry was passed, when Campus Carry was passed, and they have been wrong at every turn.

Constitutional Carry is just that "Constitutional" There is no need to justify exercising a right. Maybe he should ask them, if they believe, they need the government's "permission" to go to church.
He's not trying to justify it, but rather wanted to have some real facts to share with those who aren';t gun people and aren't activists... most of his congregation is conservative but most aren't gun guys either. So to be able to correct the Bologna being spread by a few with actual facts. He had a few people ask his opinion (he's in leadership) and he wanted to be able to supplement his opinion with some concrete evidence.

I admire him for this... it's a lot more effective than doing nothing and allowing those within earshot to form an opinion based on total bologna.

BigGuy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:25 pm
Vol Texan wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:09 pm In short, don’t prepare for conversations with the ‘other side’. Instead prepare for conversations with folks who are either ‘on our side but wavering in their understanding’ or with folks who are ‘not sure where the stand because they don’t know enough to make a good decision just yet.’
:iagree: Sound advice. We're not going to convince the other side anyway.
This^^^^ he's not speaking to the other side- he's preventing the other side from converting those who haven't taken a side.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

Another educational article by Dr. Lott:
https://townhall.com/columnists/johnrlo ... e-n2592828

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RottenApple »

RottenApple wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:13 pm
Flightmare wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:40 pm
RottenApple wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:35 pm
flechero wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:42 pm My Dad (who is normally not one to confront anti 2A types) called today and asked for some reputable links to studies or stats that show Constitutional carry won't turn to blood in the streets. Apparently a few people at his Church were spouting off about it and he wants some factual and reputable info to show them.

Seems like I have seen lots of links in the past to FBI or DOJ studies and stats that show either a decrease or no increase in crime and gun related incidents post CC. Anyone able to recall specific ones and provide me a couple links to share?

Thanks!!
Here is the only fact he needs: Of the ~13 states that have Permitless (aka Constitutional) Carry, none of them have experienced the "doom and gloom" that opponents predicted.
I believe the number is quite a bit more than 13. Texas was advertised as #20.
So you added.... nothing..... to the conversation. Thank you for your [non]-contribution.
NOTE: This was sent privately to Flightmare, but it is important, to me, to be transparent and clear with the entire group.

Flightmare,

I apologize for my post the other day when I "thanked" you for your (my words) "non-contribution" to a post. I have no excuse for such behavior. There is a reason, though admittedly a poor one, in that I had a particularly bad day and, for some stupid reason, you caught my ire. But, as stated, that was an extremely poor reason. And I have no excuse for it.

I hope that you will forgive me. And please do not let this episode make you think less of my father, PawPaw. He taught me better than that. I had hoped that at 47 years old, I was beyond such foolishness; but apparently not.

In any case, sir\ma'am. I offer my most sincere apologies to you privately before I post them publicly.

Sincerely,
RottenApple

In addition, I also apologize to the TexasCHLForum members. My comment was unacceptable and I will do my best to never let it happen again. Please forgive my late response to this as I was extremely embarrassed by my own actions.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

RottenApple wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:14 pm
RottenApple wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:13 pm
Flightmare wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:40 pm
RottenApple wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:35 pm
flechero wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:42 pm My Dad (who is normally not one to confront anti 2A types) called today and asked for some reputable links to studies or stats that show Constitutional carry won't turn to blood in the streets. Apparently a few people at his Church were spouting off about it and he wants some factual and reputable info to show them.

Seems like I have seen lots of links in the past to FBI or DOJ studies and stats that show either a decrease or no increase in crime and gun related incidents post CC. Anyone able to recall specific ones and provide me a couple links to share?

Thanks!!
Here is the only fact he needs: Of the ~13 states that have Permitless (aka Constitutional) Carry, none of them have experienced the "doom and gloom" that opponents predicted.
I believe the number is quite a bit more than 13. Texas was advertised as #20.
So you added.... nothing..... to the conversation. Thank you for your [non]-contribution.
NOTE: This was sent privately to Flightmare, but it is important, to me, to be transparent and clear with the entire group.

Flightmare,

I apologize for my post the other day when I "thanked" you for your (my words) "non-contribution" to a post. I have no excuse for such behavior. There is a reason, though admittedly a poor one, in that I had a particularly bad day and, for some stupid reason, you caught my ire. But, as stated, that was an extremely poor reason. And I have no excuse for it.

I hope that you will forgive me. And please do not let this episode make you think less of my father, PawPaw. He taught me better than that. I had hoped that at 47 years old, I was beyond such foolishness; but apparently not.

In any case, sir\ma'am. I offer my most sincere apologies to you privately before I post them publicly.

Sincerely,
RottenApple

In addition, I also apologize to the TexasCHLForum members. My comment was unacceptable and I will do my best to never let it happen again. Please forgive my late response to this as I was extremely embarrassed by my own actions.
As I said to RottenApple via PM.
I appreciate and accept the apology. Everyone has bad days and it can cause collateral damage with others. Everything is good. Hope whatever made your day bad then has been resolved.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

John Lott's Crimeresearch.org is one of the very best sites for heavily researched and reliable information on gun related topics.

He has a section devoted to constitutional carry here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”