Tips on carrying in a swim suit???

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Tips on carrying in a swim suit???

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:15 pm I am not sure why one would try to carry a weapon in a pair of swim trunks.
AndyC1911 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:38 pm I once had a close-protection gig for a few weeks in Cape Town where my cover was as the "boyfriend" of a gay importer who was under threat.
I stand corrected. This would be the one exception. :biggrinjester:

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ruark »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:15 pm If one is wearing swim trunks, one must be planning on jumping in the water. If one is planning on jumping in the water, one better be carrying a water pistol. I am not sure why one would try to carry a weapon in a pair of swim trunks.
You're not a beach person, are you? When you're on the beach, you wear swim trunks. Has nothing to do with swimming. Of course, you do see some dingbat every now and then in jeans and cowboy boots.
-Ruark

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NotRPB »

It's why I bought "Glock Maritime spring cups" for kayaking, in case i get tumped over & need the perfect underwater shot at the great white shark wanting a nibble
https://www.google.com/search?q=glock+m ... nt=gws-wiz

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

I was went on a snow-mobiling tour where about half-way through we were supposed to stop at a hot springs and soak in the hot water. I was of course armed, and knowing the hot springs part was coming up, I carried a stainless steel whatever-the-Rossi-equivalent-of-a- Model-19 snubnose is. For a swimsuit I had a pair of beach shorts that were designed to go in the water (i.e. nylon, with internal suspension for the important baggage), but also had regular pockets, a zippered pocket, and even a D-ring to hang keys from, and a belt. The changing rooms had no security whatsoever, not even doors, just kind of an S-shaped entry way to block the view. So I swapped longhandles for beach shorts, put the snubbie in a pocket, and relaxed in the hot water (no actual swimming). Wiped the snubbie down when back in the changing room and pressed on. That night at the hotel I cleaned the handgun, sprayed the internals with an aerosol can of light oil, and it was no worse for wear.

I don't remember where I got the swim/beach shorts with pockets, probably Cabelas or someplace similar.
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Just returned from Port A, a couple of weeks ago. I wore nylon shorts with belt loops, that would work for swimming. Since I was not going into the salt water while carrying, I used an alien gear IWB, holster for my Ruger Security 9 compact. I wore a nylon belt with a plastic buckle, and was very comfortable.
I was fortunate, that when I did decide to go swimming, I put my gun/holster, in a beach bag Mrs Jusme brought, and it was left under the big tent, surrounded by trustworthy relatives. The rest of the time, it was on me, while walking the beach, driving our rented golf cart, eating out, etc. I cleaned and oiled it every evening, and had no issues.

You may want to look into a locking gun safe, that can be secured inside the vehicle, with a cable around the seat base, while swimming, or otherwise away from your firearm. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PUCKER »

Back when I had a cabin cruiser at the nearby marina/lake I'd routinely carry my S&W Bodyguard .38 in my right front pocket in a pocket holster. My typical attire was board shorts or a swim suit and a tank top or Aloha shirt. Carried this way for many years. :tiphat:

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

AndyC1911 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:38 pm I once had a close-protection gig for a few weeks in Cape Town where my cover was as the "boyfriend" of a gay importer who was under threat.

Naturally, his two favorite haunts for relaxation were nightclubs and the infamous Graaf's tidal-pool - so all I'll mention is that a pair of rugby shorts, while terribly unstylish among the Speedo-clad onlookers, sufficed to hide a PPK which was the smallest pistol I owned and a spare mag stuck under a baseball-cap via magnet. With that said, a beach-towel is inconspicuous and can hide a multitude of larger gear... and of course my excuse for not going in the water, should anyone have asked, is that I couldn't swim (of course I can).
I hereby nominate Andy C for "most interesting man in the TexasCHLfoum!!" :biggrinjester:

03Lightningrocks

Ruark wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:07 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:15 pm If one is wearing swim trunks, one must be planning on jumping in the water. If one is planning on jumping in the water, one better be carrying a water pistol. I am not sure why one would try to carry a weapon in a pair of swim trunks.
You're not a beach person, are you? When you're on the beach, you wear swim trunks. Has nothing to do with swimming. Of course, you do see some dingbat every now and then in jeans and cowboy boots.
Oh, I understand the theory of laying around on the hot sand soaking up some rays. What you don't understand is that were I to attempt that, it wouldn't take more than a half hour before I had a group of ten or twelve beach goers surrounding me while screaming "beached whale" and trying to roll me back into the ocean. :biggrinjester:

AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AndyC1911 »

PUCKER wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:04 am I hereby nominate Andy C for "most interesting man in the TexasCHLfoum!!" :biggrinjester:
Oh, I'm very boring, I assure you - I just have an oddball past.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

AndyC1911 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:55 pm
PUCKER wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:04 am I hereby nominate Andy C for "most interesting man in the TexasCHLfoum!!" :biggrinjester:
Oh, I'm very boring, I assure you - I just have an oddball past.
But great stories, nonetheless! :tiphat: :cheers2:

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

Spear gun. ;-)
mares.JPG
Sorry, I could'nt help it. Grew up spearfishing and it was the first thing that popped in my head.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:33 pm
Oh, I understand the theory of laying around on the hot sand soaking up some rays. What you don't understand is that were I to attempt that, it wouldn't take more than a half hour before I had a group of ten or twelve beach goers surrounding me while screaming "beached whale" and trying to roll me back into the ocean. :biggrinjester:
This occurred last time Amy Schumer went to the beach, Greenpeace kept throwing her back in the water while chanting "Save The Whale"
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:05 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:33 pm
This occurred last time Amy Schumer went to the beach, Greenpeace kept throwing her back in the water while chanting "Save The Whale"
:smilelol5:

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

Around Juneteenth I went to Galveston with my extended family. I am the only one who routinely carries. I wore shorts that had pockets & decided to put a Keltec P3AT in one inside a pocket holster. It was noticeable only to me. After several hours at the beach in the water we returned to the hotel. I took it out to clean. And I found that the sand completely disabled it. It probably would’ve been a better idea to put it inside a ziplock bag.

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

Clipdraw, i have one on all of my micro/subcompacts so i can carry with gym shorts. Ive also used with mtb shorts while riding rough terrain with no issues.

Ive been using clipdraw for years now so I make sure my micros have thumb safeties.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”