Red dot optic carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 8

Red dot optic carry

Post by cmgee67 »

For those of you who have made the switch. What do you carry?

Pilgrim
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Red dot optic carry

Post by Pilgrim »

I will be watching this thread with interest. I have been wanting a Holosun green dot for G26.

bobby
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bobby »

I am carrying a Smith n Wesson Shield Plus with a Holosun HS407K.

:txflag:

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Springfield XDM OSP 9mm with Holosun 507
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

S&W M&P9 M2.0 Compact 4" Optic Ready (curved trigger), Holosun 507C-GR-X2. I bought the Compact a month before S&W released the new flat-face trigger.

\https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/m ... ?sku=13143

https://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun-he ... ights.html
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

extremist

Post by extremist »

Sig P365X with Swampfox Sentinel, or P365XL with same.
Attachments
P365XLSentinel_s.jpg
P365XGrey_s.jpg
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

FastCarry
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FastCarry »

Hellcat RDP

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

FastCarry wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:39 am Image

Hellcat RDP
How do you like the hell cat? I’ve had the p365 and the P365XL neither fit my hand just right.

FastCarry
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FastCarry »

Its not terrible, my primary carry is a sig938 with TLR but i wanted more capacity, the RDP announced the same week i was looking for something new so I grabbed one as soon as ordering went live.

I carry micros for comfort, got tired of walking around with 50oz 1911s, so i try to force myself to be okay with uncomfortable micros as long as I can shoot them accurately.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Primary carry is a CZ 75 Compact PCR with a Holosun 507K. Also have three 1911's (.45ACP x 2, 1 Super) with Leupold DeltaPoint Pro (triangle). I really like the 507K using the segmented circle only.

Chas.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:11 pm Primary carry is a CZ 75 Compact PCR with a Holosun 507K. Also have three 1911's (.45ACP x 2, 1 Super) with Leupold DeltaPoint Pro (triangle). I really like the 507K using the segmented circle only.

Chas.
That holosun is what I’ve been eyeing. Would you recommend the delta point over the holosun

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

FN509 Tac with Trijicon Type 1.

Been really eyeing / thinking about the Sig optics as the thin walls make for a great sight picture, probably on a milled G43 or a new release pre-milled. Seen a few guys with that set up and it conceals really well.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:01 pm FN509 Tac with Trijicon Type 1.

Been really eyeing / thinking about the Sig optics as the thin walls make for a great sight picture, probably on a milled G43 or a new release pre-milled. Seen a few guys with that set up and it conceals really well.
The sig Romeo 1 pro looks good

bobby
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bobby »

I did carry this G45 but it was just too big for me. But it’s great.

:txflag:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

cmgee67 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:32 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:11 pm Primary carry is a CZ 75 Compact PCR with a Holosun 507K. Also have three 1911's (.45ACP x 2, 1 Super) with Leupold DeltaPoint Pro (triangle). I really like the 507K using the segmented circle only.

Chas.
That holosun is what I’ve been eyeing. Would you recommend the delta point over the holosun
No, but I have to qualify that answer. I like using the 507K so much that, as noted above, it's on my EDC. The reason for that is covered in my post of Dec. 9, 2020 copied below.
The DeltaPoint Pro is a proven site that has at least as good a reliability track record as any Trigicon and arguably better. (This is based upon the Sage Dynamic testing of numerous RDS over several years.) The Holosun sights, especially the 407/507K are relatively new. I would never have considered the 507K had it not been for Sage Dynamic testing of the 507K. My wife has a 507K on her EDC, a CZ P-01; that's how much I trust it.

Of note is the fact that Leupold stopped manufacturing the DPP with the 7 MOA triangle reticle. That was the only reason I chose it and I think dropping it from the product offering was a big mistake, at least in my view.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:42 pm Update on my Holosun 507K milled into my CZ 75D PCR:

I finally got to the range a few days ago to test my 507K with the circle/dot reticle. I had previously sighted it in using only the 2 MOA dot. The circle is 32 MOA which is 16" at 50 yds, 8" at 25 yds and 4" at 12.5 yds. My theory was that I should be able to put the circle on the upper chest of an IDPA target at any distance out to at least 25 yds and all rounds would land inside the 8" 0-down ring on the target. My theory was correct, but that's only part of the story. The sight is fast, amazingly fast! Our monthly IDPA match Saturday, Nov. 28th was rained out, so I didn't get a chance to test the reticle further under match conditions. I suspect my times and points-down will be significantly lower.

I must confess that I thought the circle or circle/dot reticles would be pretty much useless on a handgun. I'm happy to be wrong. For people unfamiliar with IDPA targets, the 0-down ring on the target is in the upper chest in an area that contains the vitals that would most likely end a deadly threat. (Click on the target to see a larger version.) Being able to rapidly put rounds in the 0-down ring at virtually any reasonable pistol distance is not only a major benefit in a match, it might mean the difference between going home or going to the morgue if you face a deadly assault.

I plan to test this theory at 50 yds where the circle will be 16". That's still 2" less than the industry standard of 18" shoulder-to-shoulder for an average man. The vertical mark at 12 o'clock should make lateral alignment easier as you can simply align it under the head. It obviously won't work at 100 yds. but a pistol fight at that distance is highly unlikely.

Chas.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”