30 Super Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 30 Super Carry

Post by srothstein »

cmgee67 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:16 pmI mean some swear that the 45 AARP I mean ACP won two world wars and is still the best thing since sliced bread :lol::
One minor technical correction for you. Sliced bread was invented in 1928, so the .45ACP predates it. That means that sliced bread might be the second best thing since the 1911 was invented. Betty White takes first place and she also pre-dated sliced bread (born in 1922)
Steve Rothstein

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:16 pm Early adopters of tech devices or handguns are out on what is called "the bleeding edge".

Even if the bugs get worked out of that .30 Super Carry, who wants to be a gunmakers R & D department?

Stick with well known handguns and standard calibers.

SIA
:iagree:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

srothstein wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:59 pm
cmgee67 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:16 pmI mean some swear that the 45 AARP I mean ACP won two world wars and is still the best thing since sliced bread :lol::
One minor technical correction for you. Sliced bread was invented in 1928, so the .45ACP predates it. That means that sliced bread might be the second best thing since the 1911 was invented. Betty White takes first place and she also pre-dated sliced bread (born in 1922)
Lol this is great

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Re: 30 Super Carry range visit

Post by puma guy »

Well, I guess I joined the "bleeding edge" bit the bullet and ordered a S&W Shield EXz .30 Super Carry. It arrived today at Marksman range. Did the transfer which included free range time for $20 with my LTC. Didn't have a lot of time and even that was cut short as explained later. The two part palm safety takes some getting used to, but after the first couple of strings I did ok. Mainly I just wanted to check it out with some Federal American Eagle 100 gr FMJ and some Remington HTP 100 gr JHP. Both functioned fine in the pistol. Photos of the first two 10 strings that included 5 HTP in the second string and a final 7 shots at the 3in green sticky I put on the big target which was a little better than the first two strings. I decided to end when a ricochet struck the floor by the sole of my boot and hit the wall behind me. A guy was rapid firing in the lane next to me with a boomer and apparent hit one of the angle iron hangers. Aside from that I accomplished a good but short check out of the gun. Comes with two magazines which have a convenient tap to push down the follower making loading easy. The Gripp fits my hands which are medium sized. Sights are 3 dot and are right on when I would do my part. I think I like it.
First 10 shot string 7 yd
Second 10 shot string 7 yd (the shot on the far left is from the green 3 inch on the left)
Final 7 shot string 7 yd
Slug that hit the floor .45 or maybe .40 cal.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I hope some one else would produce this caliber size. The video of Paul Harrell has been me intrigued.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:38 pm Well, I guess I joined the "bleeding edge" bit the bullet and ordered a S&W Shield EXz .30 Super Carry. It arrived today at Marksman range. Did the transfer which included free range time for $20 with my LTC. Didn't have a lot of time and even that was cut short as explained later. The two part palm safety takes some getting used to, but after the first couple of strings I did ok. Mainly I just wanted to check it out with some Federal American Eagle 100 gr FMJ and some Remington HTP 100 gr JHP. Both functioned fine in the pistol. Photos of the first two 10 strings that included 5 HTP in the second string and a final 7 shots at the 3in green sticky I put on the big target which was a little better than the first two strings. I decided to end when a ricochet struck the floor by the sole of my boot and hit the wall behind me. A guy was rapid firing in the lane next to me with a boomer and apparent hit one of the angle iron hangers. Aside from that I accomplished a good but short check out of the gun. Comes with two magazines which have a convenient tap to push down the follower making loading easy. The Gripp fits my hands which are medium sized. Sights are 3 dot and are right on when I would do my part. I think I like it.
Do you have a .380 ACP? If yes, what are your impressions of the difference in recoil and or felt recoil?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:37 pm
puma guy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:38 pm Well, I guess I joined the "bleeding edge" bit the bullet and ordered a S&W Shield EXz .30 Super Carry. It arrived today at Marksman range. Did the transfer which included free range time for $20 with my LTC. Didn't have a lot of time and even that was cut short as explained later. The two part palm safety takes some getting used to, but after the first couple of strings I did ok. Mainly I just wanted to check it out with some Federal American Eagle 100 gr FMJ and some Remington HTP 100 gr JHP. Both functioned fine in the pistol. Photos of the first two 10 strings that included 5 HTP in the second string and a final 7 shots at the 3in green sticky I put on the big target which was a little better than the first two strings. I decided to end when a ricochet struck the floor by the sole of my boot and hit the wall behind me. A guy was rapid firing in the lane next to me with a boomer and apparent hit one of the angle iron hangers. Aside from that I accomplished a good but short check out of the gun. Comes with two magazines which have a convenient tap to push down the follower making loading easy. The Grip fits my hands which are medium sized. Sights are 3 dot and are right on when I would do my part. I think I like it.
Do you have a .380 ACP? If yes, what are your impressions of the difference in recoil and or felt recoil?
Hey, Chris
I have quite a few .380's - a couple of polymer framed S&W's and my wife has a Glock, but mostly mine are all metal pistols. SIG, Walther, Llama, Star etc. Some of the .380's have a little more felt recoil (Especially the Bodyguard S&W) than the .30 SC. Some maybe a little less, but insignificant in my hands. My CC is a Kahr PM40 and of course the .30 SC is no where near the same as it. The EZ.30 SC was not at all uncomfortable to shoot. Haven't shot it enough to decide to make it my everyday carry.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:02 pm Do you have a .380 ACP? If yes, what are your impressions of the difference in recoil and or felt recoil?
Hey, Chris
I have quite a few .380's - a couple of polymer framed S&W's and my wife has a Glock, but mostly mine are all metal pistols. SIG, Walther, Llama, Star etc. Some of the .380's have a little more felt recoil (Especially the Bodyguard S&W) than the .30 SC. Some maybe a little less, but insignificant in my hands. My CC is a Kahr PM40 and of course the .30 SC is no where near the same as it. The EZ.30 SC was not at all uncomfortable to shoot. Haven't shot it enough to decide to make it my everyday carry.
[/quote]

I watched a utube video of someone shooting a .380 and then a super carry into a block of clay. The difference is tremendous. I’ve been talking with Carlson1 about the EZ. I recently picked up his Walther .380 for my wife and she really likes it, but has trouble with the slide. The super carry seems much more effective. However, since she really likes that Walther and this is the first time in 10-15+ years she’s been interested in shooting I’m reluctant to go up and may just stick with the .380 for now for commonality. Besides, if she does eventually want to move up the power/effectiveness chain there might be a subcompact 9mm in her future.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:17 am
puma guy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:02 pm Do you have a .380 ACP? If yes, what are your impressions of the difference in recoil and or felt recoil?
Hey, Chris
I watched a utube video of someone shooting a .380 and then a super carry into a block of clay. The difference is tremendous. I’ve been talking with Carlson1 about the EZ. I recently picked up his Walther .380 for my wife and she really likes it, but has trouble with the slide. The super carry seems much more effective. However, since she really likes that Walther and this is the first time in 10-15+ years she’s been interested in shooting I’m reluctant to go up and may just stick with the .380 for now for commonality. Besides, if she does eventually want to move up the power/effectiveness chain there might be a subcompact 9mm in her future.
[/quote]
Glad she has taken interest. My wife had difficulty cycling her S&W M&P 9mm. She has small hands and not the strongest grip strength. I decided she should switch to a locked breech .380 (This was before the S&W EZ's came out) and we tried every one they had at the range and she was down to a Glock 42 and SIG P238. I was hoping she'd go for the SIG, but she shot the Glock better. Ironically I won a P238 in a raffle about a year or two ago. I have a SIG P232 that I like. Maybe you will find a range that has a .30 Super Carry EZ for rent sometime in the future. I wish her luck. Keep shootin'! BTW Do I recall correctly that you are a paramedic or in some capacity involved in the medical profession? I seem to remember that from one of the breakfasts I was at which you attended when I was up visiting my daughter in Mansfield.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:15 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:17 am
Hey, Chris
Glad she has taken interest. My wife had difficulty cycling her S&W M&P 9mm. She has small hands and not the strongest grip strength. I decided she should switch to a locked breech .380 (This was before the S&W EZ's came out) and we tried every one they had at the range and she was down to a Glock 42 and SIG P238. I was hoping she'd go for the SIG, but she shot the Glock better. Ironically I won a P238 in a raffle about a year or two ago. I have a SIG P232 that I like. Maybe you will find a range that has a .30 Super Carry EZ for rent sometime in the future. I wish her luck. Keep shootin'! BTW Do I recall correctly that you are a paramedic or in some capacity involved in the medical profession? I seem to remember that from one of the breakfasts I was at which you attended when I was up visiting my daughter in Mansfield.
[/quote]

Medical Technologist

An MT, now called MLS(Medical Laboratory Scientist) mainly perform testing on specimens in hospital laboratories. Too much of our time, however, is spent correcting nurse or doctor mistakes in ordering the wrong test or collecting the wrong specimen or labeling them incorrectly. It is frightening sometimes.

Some 25-30 years ago I began my healthcare career as a nurses aide while going through school and in many ways I am still a nurses aide after getting a degree higher than many nurses.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:52 am
Medical Technologist

An MT, now called MLS(Medical Laboratory Scientist) mainly perform testing on specimens in hospital laboratories. Too much of our time, however, is spent correcting nurse or doctor mistakes in ordering the wrong test or collecting the wrong specimen or labeling them incorrectly. It is frightening sometimes.

Some 25-30 years ago I began my healthcare career as a nurses aide while going through school and in many ways I am still a nurses aide after getting a degree higher than many nurses.
:thumbs2: My middle daughter is an emergency room RN in New Braunfels and her husband is a Paramedic/Fire Fighter/Fast Water Rescue in Canyon Lake. He's a Captain now and his hands on medic and FF is less, but he still does the FWR. I was an EMT way back in the late 80's. Sadly, I know what you mean about preventing medical mistakes.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”