Need some owb p365 suggestions

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Need some owb p365 suggestions

Post by cmgee67 »

I wanted to see what you guys are carrying owb for your sig 365. I carry iwb during the week but when I get home and on the weekends I’d like to carry it owb for better comfort.

txpilot
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need some owb p365 suggestions

Post by txpilot »

I use the Blackhawk T-Series sometimes. Seems to work very well.
https://www.blackhawk.com/holsters-1/t- ... 79BKR.html

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I like my Vedder OWB Paddle holster.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/prodraw/

extremist

Post by extremist »

I can carry my P365X and P365XL with optic in this one and like it: https://www.bravoconcealment.com/collec ... un-holster

Since I have both, I typically get the XL size.

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/collec ... m-holsters
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

:iagree: My suggestion. I use Bravo on a lot of my guns except Sundays and that is dress up day.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I'm the oddball who pocket carries in a Desantis Nemesis.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Flightmare wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:36 pm I'm the oddball who pocket carries in a Desantis Nemesis.
I also do that with the P365SAS.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

txpilot wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:56 am I use the Blackhawk T-Series sometimes. Seems to work very well.
https://www.blackhawk.com/holsters-1/t- ... 79BKR.html
I saw one of the officers at my hospital carrying his duty weapon in one of these. He highly recommended it even over Safariland's 7TS with the thumb release. I've considered them, but not made any changes yet. If and when I get a Colt Defender I might if they have one for that subcompact. Or if I ever put an optic on my Glock 21SF.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I have a few of the safari land 7ts holsters. My
Biggest complaint with those is not the quality or construction but they are bulky. I don’t mind open carrying but most of the time it will Be covered so I like them to ride close

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

cmgee67 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:03 pm I have a few of the safari land 7ts holsters. My
Biggest complaint with those is not the quality or construction but they are bulky. I don’t mind open carrying but most of the time it will Be covered so I like them to ride close
Does yours allow you to have a light mounted?

Mine for my Glock 21 with a TLR1 light is bulky even as lightweight and thin as the 7TS material is. It's just because it is holding a bulky item. The 7TS I have for my full size Colt 1911 it much less bulky because I don't have a light attached.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

They don’t have lights attached. I had one for a Glock 43 and it was okay at concealment. Then again, my body is different than others so sometimes holsters that work for some don’t for me.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I use the Tucker gun leather holster for my p320 compact. Works good for me with an untucked shirt.

tk1700

Post by tk1700 »

I open carry an XL with Holosun 507K and 15 rd mag at work. I use a Fobus paddle holster. The SAS and original 365 also fit in the holster nicely.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

tk1700 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:19 am I open carry an XL with Holosun 507K and 15 rd mag at work. I use a Fobus paddle holster. The SAS and original 365 also fit in the holster nicely.
I like the Concealment Express OWB for the P365XL with a Romeo2 red dot sight.

I also like the Blackhawk LC2 Level II holster. It has a bit more bulk than the Concealment Express, but I like the security of Level II and it's very easy to use. I found the best price on Amazon.

I also switched the grip module to the one from Wilson Combat from Brownell's. I really like that too.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

I didn't see a link in earlier posts so I included one. In one of the slide pictures you can see the back side. I find the hook makes taking off a challenge. I removed it as well as the metal fastener imbedded in the plastic holster. Not something I would do if used to carry in public. As one commented it does have a little more stand-off than other OWB holsters. Not an issue for me. I really like the thumb release and the paddle is large and flexible. Slides easily on and off the belt and secure when the belt is tightened. Compact size of 365 off-sets the stand-off of this holster.

https://safariland.com/products/model-7 ... ster-34851
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”