Crazy magazine price

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 4

Crazy magazine price

Post by LDB415 »

I'm looking for AR7 spares. I've found a couple of places in stock in the $3x range. Then on CTD they have two listings for it. One is $32 and the other is $60. Other than different stock numbers I can't tell any difference. I thought maybe $60 was for a two pack but nope, just a single. Strange. I'll keep looking.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Crazy magazine price

Post by puma guy »

LDB415 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:48 am I'm looking for AR7 spares. I've found a couple of places in stock in the $3x range. Then on CTD they have two listings for it. One is $32 and the other is $60. Other than different stock numbers I can't tell any difference. I thought maybe $60 was for a two pack but nope, just a single. Strange. I'll keep looking.
Henry sells them 2 for $41.89 for the 8 rnd mags and $20.95 for a single 5 rnd magazin.. I forgot t ask about shipping, but if you call them I'm sure they can give you that cost. I called their toll free number and immediately someone answered who could answer my question, no switchboard or robo- operator.
https://henrypride.com/products/henry-u ... 8464038342
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

CTD has some odd pricing based on which warehouse the items ships from.

$26 for 15rd at Henry
https://www.buymymags.com/henry-us-surv ... ar-7-15rd/
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I missed the $42 for 2 the first time I looked. I saw $42 and based on everywhere else thought that would be for 1. So I cancelled the prior order and got them in the 2 pack and saved a lot. Thanks.

Still not sure of the crazy difference in CTD but maybe it is because of warehouse or something. Oh well, got the best deal so all is well.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

LDB415 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:32 pm I missed the $42 for 2 the first time I looked. I saw $42 and based on everywhere else thought that would be for 1. So I cancelled the prior order and got them in the 2 pack and saved a lot. Thanks.

Still not sure of the crazy difference in CTD but maybe it is because of warehouse or something. Oh well, got the best deal so all is well.
I ordered two from Henry. I registered an account at 1:25PM, got an email confirming my order at 1:30PM and then I got another email confirming items shipped at 1:34PM. I've waited longer than that to order pizza. LOL
I saw the 15 round mags, but I've had previous issues with after market higher than OEM capacity mags, especially .22's.

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

puma guy wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:41 pm I ordered two from Henry. I registered an account at 1:25PM, got an email confirming my order at 1:30PM and then I got another email confirming items shipped at 1:34PM. I've waited longer than that to order pizza. LOL
I saw the 15 round mags, but I've had previous issues with after market higher than OEM capacity mags, especially .22's.
Well, they're slacking off getting closer to the end of the day. Order confirmed at 14:20 but didn't ship until 14:25. A whole extra minute to get it done. Then again, I did order two 2-packs to your single 2-pack so that would add a little. :lol:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

LDB415 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:07 pm
puma guy wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:41 pm I ordered two from Henry. I registered an account at 1:25PM, got an email confirming my order at 1:30PM and then I got another email confirming items shipped at 1:34PM. I've waited longer than that to order pizza. LOL
Well, they're slacking off getting closer to the end of the day. Order confirmed at 14:20 but didn't ship until 14:25. A whole extra minute to get it done. Then again, I did order two 2-packs to your single 2-pack so that would add a little. :lol:
:lol:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Ima get one of those some day…or maybe one of the other takedown models of .22s available. I have 3 .22 rifles: a Savage Model 64, a M&P 15-22, and a Henry Frontier Octagon. All 3 do exactly what you expect of them, and if I could only keep one, it would be the Henry. But ever since I bought my Ruger PC Carbine, I’ve wanted a takedown .22. The AR7 is kinda ugly, but it floats … and none of the others do that, so…
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:08 am Ima get one of those some day…or maybe one of the other takedown models of .22s available. I have 3 .22 rifles: a Savage Model 64, a M&P 15-22, and a Henry Frontier Octagon. All 3 do exactly what you expect of them, and if I could only keep one, it would be the Henry. But ever since I bought my Ruger PC Carbine, I’ve wanted a takedown .22. The AR7 is kinda ugly, but it floats … and none of the others do that, so…
They are a fun little weapon. I sold them back in the 60's when they were made by Charter Arms. I always wanted one, but just never got around to getting it. I found one for cheap on GB and when I got it I discovered why. It had feed and ejection issues and the trigger would not reset. The seller failed to mention that, but before I called him out I took it apart and found a major spring was installed with the pin only in one side. It was a booger, but after I fixed it I had no problems. It is a true survival weapon designed by Eugene Stoner and issued by the Air Force long ago to replace previous survival weapons all made by Armalite. I don't know of any other breakdown .22 that is contained in water proof status and floats. For size the Marlin Papoose comes close; just a stock and screw in barrel, but no longer available new since Marlin's sale to Ruger. They command a premium when you find them as do the old Marlin Camp Carbines. The little rifle's reputation was not the best while Charter Arms and Survival Arms were making them, but Henry has done a great job improving them from the reviews I've seen.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:52 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:08 am Ima get one of those some day…or maybe one of the other takedown models of .22s available. I have 3 .22 rifles: a Savage Model 64, a M&P 15-22, and a Henry Frontier Octagon. All 3 do exactly what you expect of them, and if I could only keep one, it would be the Henry. But ever since I bought my Ruger PC Carbine, I’ve wanted a takedown .22. The AR7 is kinda ugly, but it floats … and none of the others do that, so…
They are a fun little weapon. I sold them back in the 60's when they were made by Charter Arms. I always wanted one, but just never got around to getting it. I found one for cheap on GB and when I got it I discovered why. It had feed and ejection issues and the trigger would not reset. The seller failed to mention that, but before I called him out I took it apart and found a major spring was installed with the pin only in one side. It was a booger, but after I fixed it I had no problems. It is a true survival weapon designed by Eugene Stoner and issued by the Air Force long ago to replace previous survival weapons all made by Armalite. I don't know of any other breakdown .22 that is contained in water proof status and floats. For size the Marlin Papoose comes close; just a stock and screw in barrel, but no longer available new since Marlin's sale to Ruger. They command a premium when you find them as do the old Marlin Camp Carbines. The little rifle's reputation was not the best while Charter Arms and Survival Arms were making them, but Henry has done a great job improving them from the reviews I've seen.
Yeah, I’ve never really heard anything bad about the AR7 before…other than maybe their looks. To my mind, they’re the kind of thing you keep in the trunk of your car, right alongside your Ronco Pocket Fisherman and other related sundries. I don’t say that to knock the rifle. I think it’s an ingenious design. It’s just that the fact that it takes down the way it does, and it all stuffs into its own stock making a small package, invites one to stow it somewhere—on a boat, in your private plane, in your car's trunk, or in the closet of your travel trailer—and then forget you have it right up until it’s really needed. As a general thing, it wouldn’t be my first choice for taking a .22 into the woods or to the range. But the point is that it’s there when you need it in an emergency, and hadn’t thought to bring a rifle along.

But they are cool, and I’d like to own one.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:15 pm
puma guy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:52 am
Yeah, I’ve never really heard anything bad about the AR7 before…other than maybe their looks. To my mind, they’re the kind of thing you keep in the trunk of your car, right alongside your Ronco Pocket Fisherman and other related sundries. I don’t say that to knock the rifle. I think it’s an ingenious design. It’s just that the fact that it takes down the way it does, and it all stuffs into its own stock making a small package, invites one to stow it somewhere—on a boat, in your private plane, in your car's trunk, or in the closet of your travel trailer—and then forget you have it right up until it’s really needed. As a general thing, it wouldn’t be my first choice for taking a .22 into the woods or to the range. But the point is that it’s there when you need it in an emergency, and hadn’t thought to bring a rifle along.

But they are cool, and I’d like to own one.
Me thinks that will most likely happen! :lol:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I won't go into a lot of details, but I just have to give kudos to Henry Rifles for their outstanding customer service. I set up an account, ordered two magazines, received order confirmation and shipping confirmation in a span of 9 minutes. That was Monday. Today I received an email from them alerting me that my order was out for delivery. I have never received that sort of service for any of the thousands of items I have ordered online.

:thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I did the same about 90 minutes after you did but it took 10 minutes total. But I ordered 4 so they had to pick 2 packs not 1. And I got notified mine are out for delivery today also.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”