Smaller 9mm CC options

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Smaller 9mm CC options

Post by cmgee67 »

I tried the 43x and 48. Just never liked them.
I’m looking at the shadow systems cr920. It seems to be a pretty decent option and just up the road is their plant.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

For me the Sig P365 (10+1) is perfect for pocket carry and the 365XL with a holosun sight (12+1 or 15+1) for either OWB or IWB are my go to guns for the summer. In winter I usually carry a compact S&W M&P 2.0 with a holosun OWB under a jacket.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

equin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by equin »

I shot my brother-in-law’s P365, and while I like it, I like and shoot my Shield Plus better. The trigger on my Plus is awesome for being striker-fired, too. My only complaint so far is the grip texture, while perfect for my semi-rough hands, is too abrasive for the skin on my hip when I carry it IWB without an undershirt.
Ed

Crash

Post by Crash »

I have small hands which makes it harder for me to carry anything larger than a micro 9. To make things worse, I had my right hip replaced last year, and that makes it difficult to carry IWB at the 1:00 position--the gun and holster rub on the operated area and it gets pretty painful. For the same reason, I can't carry in the right front pocket. It's beginning to look like I'm goin to have to start carrying at IWB at the 3:30 - 4:00 position. I don't particularly care for the crossdraw and I'm not too dexterous with the left hand so that may be a nonstarter although I guess I could give it a try.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Crash

JRG
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JRG »

I bought a 26 and had it milled for a Holosun 507K. I have not carried it yet for two reasons. The holster I was using will no long fit it due to the red dot, so I need a new holster. The other reason is that during the time I was waiting for the 26 to return to my hands, I started carrying the 19X. I found that with my attire, it was no problem to conceal. I am currently looking for a red dot holster for the 26, but am enjoying carrying the 19X.

Joe

JRG

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:04 pm I have every 9mm cc there is I guess. The best one and the only one I kept is a Springfield Hellcat OSP. Had to do a little work to get the Holosun to fit, but was no problem. It is very smooth no sharp edges. Put a Holosun 507K and it is perfect. It is like it had a melt down treatment. It is a great shooter.
Carl,

If you ever decide to sell that Hellcat, I want first dibs on it. :lol:

Joe

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Yes sir. I may have already sold it I don’t know anymore Joe. Ha! I guess that is what the old age does. I have reverted back to revolvers. I have been carrying a S&W 327 5” on Sundays and a S&W 327 2” during the week. Both 8 shot and I carry an extra moon clip.

Edit: I did sale that Hellcat Joe. Sorry. I replaced it with an Sig Sauer P365-XMacro Comp. It has the same red dot and more rounds.

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

cmgee67 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:44 am I tried the 43x and 48. Just never liked them.
I’m looking at the shadow systems cr920. It seems to be a pretty decent option and just up the road is their plant.
What didnt you like about the 43x/48? I had a cr920 and didnt like it at all, i need my whole hand to fit on the grip, dont like pinky extension mags so I dumped the cr920 and build a custom 43x, love this thing.

Had a hellcat rdp, didnt like that either. Havent tried the p365 variants or the FN. Shot the Canik Mc9, great canik trigger but didnt like the short grip on that either.

JRG

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:03 pm Yes sir. I may have already sold it I don’t know anymore Joe. Ha! I guess that is what the old age does. I have reverted back to revolvers. I have been carrying a S&W 327 5” on Sundays and a S&W 327 2” during the week. Both 8 shot and I carry an extra moon clip.

Edit: I did sale that Hellcat Joe. Sorry. I replaced it with an Sig Sauer P365-XMacro Comp. It has the same red dot and more rounds.
Hey Carl, that's okay. I am always looking at the firearms you have for sale. I can't afford most of them, but that's okay. They are good guns.

Joe

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

:thewave
JRG wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:56 pm
carlson1 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:03 pm Yes sir. I may have already sold it I don’t know anymore Joe. Ha! I guess that is what the old age does. I have reverted back to revolvers. I have been carrying a S&W 327 5” on Sundays and a S&W 327 2” during the week. Both 8 shot and I carry an extra moon clip.

Hey Carl, that's okay. I am always looking at the firearms you have for sale. I can't afford most of them, but that's okay. They are good guns.

Joe
I hope things begin to change now. However I start physical therapy November 13. It is Mike it never ends, but I am fighting the mobility scooter and mobility hair with all I have. I spent six years in one around 2005 forward. Once you depend on them they are very hard to get out of. Lunch still sounds good.

Carl

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I like the Sig P365 for pocket carry and the P365XL for summer belt carry under light clothing.

Both have extended capacity mags available to provide more grip length if needed.

I'm very pleased with both.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

JRG

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:19 pm
I hope things begin to change now. However I start physical therapy November 13. It is Mike it never ends, but I am fighting the mobility scooter and mobility hair with all I have. I spent six years in one around 2005 forward. Once you depend on them they are very hard to get out of. Lunch still sounds good.

Carl
Lunch sounds good to me also.

Joe

bobby

Post by bobby »

This is my 43x with the PSA Micro Dagger 15 round mags and a EPS Carry Green dot sight. This is my small 9mm, my larger 9mm is a Platypus 1911 with a EPS Carry green dot also.

CTFXKkh.jpg
H1FaG2K.jpg
:txflag:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”